wyodreamer - we're not in Wyo any more

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Never heard anything back from the second interview. I called and left a message thanking them for their time doing the interview.
Hard to find jobs in that field right now. Hopefully I don't end up back at Menards.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's the rare person who goes the extra step: sending a thank you note for an interview. While you may have been passed over for THIS job, I'm betting that that one little courtesy moved your resume to the top of the pile for the NEXT job.... and that one may be even better! Wishing you the best, and praying that God will open the door for the perfect job.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thank you, @Lazy Gardener .

I hated the job I had, but it is still hard to lose it. I would have much preferred to walk into the boss's office and say "I quit". Or even better, take this job and shove it.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have often been driven out of a job, or had the door slammed in my face on the job I had, to end up with a much better job situation. There is no more loyalty on the employer end of the relationship. Most employers consider their employees to be commodities to be exploited, used until they are burned out, then tossed aside for a replacement. Sadly, in the health care field, integrity, and good ethics are considered to be a detriment to the employer, who is looking at "the bottom line".

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Got my hands on the little Mini who has taken up residence in our barn. I thought the leather gloves would be enough - nope, he bit my finger but good! lol Little snot thinks he can live in my barn and eat cat food. He wiggled out of my grip - because I had the thick leather welding gloves on, lol.

All I want to do is make sure he is a HE and not a SHE. Since he is not looking preggers yet, I will assume he is a HE - at least until the next chance I get to catch him. He is quick.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got my hands on the little Mini who has taken up residence in our barn. I thought the leather gloves would be enough - nope, he bit my finger but good! lol Little snot thinks he can live in my barn and eat cat food. He wiggled out of my grip - because I had the thick leather welding gloves on, lol.

All I want to do is make sure he is a HE and not a SHE. Since he is not looking preggers yet, I will assume he is a HE - at least until the next chance I get to catch him. He is quick.

You got a 50/50 chance of being right!

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Be careful, cat bites are absolutely filthy and can be deadly b/c of the bacteria loads they carry.
Yah, I was worried about the bite, he got me really good through the gloves. I cut off all the loose skin, rinsed with out with warm water for about 2 minutes and then dried it off. I poured some hydrogen peroxide on it and let it foam for a while. Then I rinsed it off and dried it again before putting Neosporin on it and bandaging it up. It hurt all day yesterday, but if painless today.
I will change the bandage tonight and determine if I need to do anything else. DH said that I am being overly cautious, but heck, it is a deep CAT bite.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Happy Easter/happy birthday. Glad that is past. Why is it that when you have something you need to get done, something important comes up at the same time.
Forgot my phone at Mom & Dads on Easter Sunday, so I drove up again on Monday to pick it up. Sister & her hubby & son were still there, so I stayed and visited for a while. While I was there, I got a phone call about a job interview for Tuesday. By the time I got home, I needed a short nap - why is socializing so tiring for me? Then made my birthday supper - lobster tails and tenderloin steaks. By the time I clean it all up, I was exhausted.
I still need to clean out the brooder and I have 20 chicks showing up at 10-11:30 this morning. Still need to get feed for the little broilers and the trough chick feeder is being used to feed the cats so I need a new one of those. And, it is storming out right now.
My job interview is for 2 this afternoon. Is it wrong of me to hope I don't get this job? It is going to be the same sort of work that my last job was, and I really wasn't very happy there. It wasn't the work as much as the atmosphere of the job. The owner of this company started the last company, it was bought by another company, then a few years later he left and started this new company. Everyone says it is the same company atmosphere for both. Uggh.
Why can't I get hired for the jobs I really want? I don't think I interview very well.

Latest posts