Xi said: "China is Battling a Demon Virus"

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ok, This virus is making the rounds, so what can we do to protect ourselves? I have read that if your selenium levels are low, your immunity is compromised and you are susceptible to viral infections. But I can't fine that magic number where you have enough or too much. So why put out teaser articles with no safe numbers on how much is too much? Also you need lots of D3 to keep your immune system working.

We take our multivitamins, eat as healthy as possible and gets lots of exercise. I'm pretty sure we get enough D3 from being outside so much.
Anybody with other ideas for a good immunity?

casportpony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
very scary stuff!
virus map_1.png

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ok, This virus is making the rounds, so what can we do to protect ourselves? I have read that if your selenium levels are low, your immunity is compromised and you are susceptible to viral infections. But I can't fine that magic number where you have enough or too much. So why put out teaser articles with no safe numbers on how much is too much? Also you need lots of D3 to keep your immune system working.

We take our multivitamins, eat as healthy as possible and gets lots of exercise. I'm pretty sure we get enough D3 from being outside so much.
Anybody with other ideas for a good immunity?

Don't eat bat soup and drink a naturally carbonated beer every now and then. Ginger beer is good, if you don't like beer beer.

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I have read that if your selenium levels are low, your immunity is compromised and you are susceptible to viral infections. But I can't fine that magic number where you have enough or too much.

The tolerable upper limit for selenium is 400 mcg/day for adults. This is the info I used when I decided to supplement selenium. If you have selenium rich soil, don't supplement. https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Selenium-HealthProfessional/

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lots of speculation on the internet. >>>IF TRUE<<< this is scary stuff. Lord I hope it's not true.