XPC - Tell Tales

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
When I was in college I bar-tended nights at The Cleveland Agora, a large rock and roll club. We would get a lot of big national acts come in to observe after they finished their own concerts. They frequently stayed at a certain hotel and our staff would head over their bar to hang out after hours.
One night I left there to go home and took a wrong turn. When I realized it I zipped onto a side street to turn around. I noted that there were some hookers standing on the sidewalk as I headed back to the main road. All of a sudden a big old Cadillac was tailgating me driven by a pimp wearing one of those large floppy hats with feathers. I couldn't shake him no matter how fast I drove! I made a fast right through 2 pillars onto a road that that turned out to be Cleveland State's dead end service road. I did a donut to get out of there and missed the pimp's car by inches, but squeezed by. He followed me all the way to the freeway.

Moral of the story- I don't know; don't drive the city streets in the wee hours of the morning when you have no idea where you are?

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
sylvie said:
When I was in college I bar-tended nights at The Cleveland Agora, a large rock and roll club.
Huggy Bear took a liking to you - I saw Almost Famous no need to downplay.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
meriruka said:
When I was 5 my family moved to a new house. It already had a gas range installed.
Good story with a bit of suspense, but it is gasoline that you don't throw water on and not stove gas (natural gas) all's well that ends well.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
meriruka said:
Well, the flare up when the water hit convinced me that an extinguisher would have been the better option.
That is without a doubt, you don't throw water on a stove mainly because of the grease, if you don't have an extinguisher then large amounts of salt or sugar would be the next choice (not flour) - they all make a mess.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Just came across an old picture from my Suwanee river canoe trip, starting March 2nd 1989 and had to scan it into the computer. My boy was just born on February 28th and his grandmother, great aunt, and aunt all on the dark side flew down for a two week visit - I lived in Tampa then, they Wisconsin.

I was smart enough to flee and grabbed my truck and canoe, a buddy, some dry ice and beers and spent 3 weeks canoeing the entire river from start to finish, the Okefenokee Swamp in Georgia to the gulf of Mexico. I will add to the story as it reveals itself to my memories.

Nineteen eighty nine
cb_suwannee.jpg

My living room wall - nothing to do with the above story but looked neat
wall.jpg

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
kcsunshine said:
Oooo. I loved Charles Bronson!
I have on DVD about 60 of his "need to see" movies. the rest are on VHS and hard drive. I own most of his movies posters including the 3 Italian day-bills seen in my picture above, The snow shoes are an authentic 1900 vintage from his death Hunt movie.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
xpc said:
kcsunshine said:
Oooo. I loved Charles Bronson!
I have on DVD about 60 of his "need to see" movies. the rest are on VHS and hard drive. I own most of his movies posters including the 3 Italian day-bills seen in my picture above, The snow shoes are an authentic 1900 vintage from his death Hunt movie.
edit
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082247/

johnElarue

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Nice tales,

When I was in school I used to blow off class at least once a month and go to nearby state park to let off steam and relax. One day I was swimming in a good sized lake a coupla miles in and I climbed up on a nice rock to eat my lunch and catch some rays. From directly behind my head came a sound like someone opening a 2 liter bottle of sodapop, except it wouldn't stop. A realization hit me and I dropped sandwich and dove headfirst back into the lake. I regained my nerve and went back to the rock, but never did get to see the timber rattler that was just behind me sunning himself too.