yikes--how to answer lol

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
so we got a male Papillion

and when he lays on his back his 'ut un, set shows' LOL

my 6 yr old is asking tons of questions about what are those 2 things for?

oh man oh man I had to say those are boy babymakers with sperm and all that in good kid terms and then the questions about the momma and pups and all this comes in.

geez ya know.....I said you saw the goats having kids. Now I got to explain it

I tell ya....just some days ya know. I was stuck ---like do you have the big talk at 6 or blow it off? I got thru it basically using real terms cause she knows this stuff with livestock and hears us discussing birthing with livestock etc.....but geez, I didn't want to go into all this right now!!!!!

bleck and bleck and more bleck

kids--do they have to grow up and learn things :lol:

my little teeney weeney so cute BABY is now asking about the mutts you know whats? it kills me LOL LOL in a good way LOL

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:yuckyuck
Sounds like you handled it well. We had to explain recently to our 6 yr old why our 2 yr old grand daughter didn't have a bladder down there. :lol:
Kids uggg

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Laughing at you.
I always answered my kids questions with total honesty, using the most technical terms available in my vocabulary. LOL. I discovered they usually just said ok and were satisfied even though they did not understand a word I said. As they got older they understood the technical terms a few at the time and by the time they were old enough to understand them all, they already knew the answer to the question before they ask it.
Sounds like you did a great job.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I always relate animal body parts to human body parts, sounds like you did ok :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think what floored me the most was ----when did she become a real person? LOL I noticed as a smaller kid I could say anything as a diffusion or veil it well and all that....now the kid understands. YIKES

a person...oh lord a young person. She said the other day that any preggo lady has to have the babies cut out of their tummies cause she heard Tony and Kevin yacking at the slaughterhouse that his friends wife had to have a C section....of course Tony explained it within reason so she told me the other day she wasn't having kids cause she is not getting hacked. :th so again I brought into the fact about her watching the goats have kids.....and the big exclaimation of --"I don't want no baby coming out of my butt"
UGH UGH so I explained a bit.

oh man I tell ya again and again I crack up over all this stuff. wild for sure

well being 6 only I figure by the time she pieces all this together she might get the real scenario of it all :lol:

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just wait till she tells all her friends ;)

I was the kid who told all my friends the "facts of life" (to wide-eyed stares and many questions) and I'm sure I was really popular when word got to their parents. But my parents didn't pull any punches and answered any question we had as we grew up. So we were pretty informed, as are my own kids.

Just keep it real, kids are great at processing things to their own level of understanding :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
As a nurse, I had my old nursing text books to use for these conversations...and my boys asked about it all well before they ever hit school, usually around 3 or 4 years old. I'd show them the pictures and explain(but didn't explain yet just how the sperm was deposited in the vagina/uterus).

My Dad about blew a gasket when he heard that I had explained it and showed them pictures... :rolleyes: He said they were too young and didn't need to know "all the details" of how to make babies and the detailed differences in boys and girls. That's rich coming from a man who fathered nine children..... :D

At the same time I explained that they could touch their own private areas but only in the privacy of their bedrooms and never in front of anyone~ and they may never touch anyone else's private areas until they were older and married. Somehow, I think that lesson probably didn't quite sink in enough to help during the late teen years, but hope springs eternal... :p :lol:

Despite Dad's fears and warnings, it did not "inspire" the boys to pursue the subject further at a young age. After I answered their questions they never asked again, simple as that.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
And that is why I don't use a gelding for pony rides! I much prefer parents to answer that type of question rather than having the kids ask me, what's that hanging down on the pony? Why does he go potty like that?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: what is that hanging down on that pony? HAHAHA