You can keep the heat...ARGH!!!

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It's official I believe we are going though a real big climate change period. :( I have lived many many yrs in Maine and this heat is stupid. I have never had to work from 7-11am and then 5-8pm and take the middle of the day off becaue it is just to dam hot to do anything. Even 5-8 sucks so most of the time I say hell with it I'm done at 11:00.

:barnie:he:somad

lorieMN

Power Conserver
Reaction score
same here..hurry and get everything done before noon..then the rest of the day just go out long enough every couple hours to hose down the horses and refresh everyones water and make sure everyone is still doing ok..

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sorry, .... what heat? We are having max. daily temps in the low '70's, and it is raining on and off. Even for damp Oregon this is unusual. It feels like March, though maybe a tad warmer. --- Truth be told, though, I prefer this to excessive heat ... but it would be nice to see the sun. Still (bright side! ;)), I don't have to water the garden :lol:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
This is one of those ironic threads, isn't it? :p TheFAN is complaining about heat? If a fan is having problems, it must be hot! :gig

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Same here in Washington, it's been cloudy & rainy for the last week until late today it finally cleared up. Summer? what summer???

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
This is one of those ironic threads, isn't it? :p TheFAN is complaining about heat? If a fan isn't having problems, it must be hot! :gig
Rolling on the floor :lol:

Move to Arkansas, we topped out at 107.8 F in the shade a week ago. I even changed out our rechargeable batteries in the Accurite (sensor well shaded) just to make sure! Texas and Okalahoma are usually even worse! :th

For 45 years, I've been a spring/summer kinda gal, since moving out here, give me winter, since Fall isn't a guarantee, either.

I don't really believe it's global warming but a natural cycle since talking to my aunt, who moved out here 30+ years ago and many native Arkansans.

Up early in the A.M., take a break in the afternoon and finish off in the evening.

I'm still trying to acclimate to moving west of the Mississippi River since it's still brain-boiling hot here at 3 p.m. when we'd started cooling off by 2 p.m. back where we lived in TN.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Cooling off? What's that? The other night it was still 97 when we went to bed. It's been nasty hot here in Kansas, but that's the norm.

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I walked out onto the front porch this morning with my coffee and it was chilly! I thought I'd overslept straight through to fall, but it's just a break in the humidity. It was a beautiful day yesterday and looks like today will be more of the same... temps topping out in the low 90's, but with low humidity it feels delicious!

I guess all our hot muggy crappy weather went to visit THEFAN.... :D sorry 'bout that!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
This is one of those ironic threads, isn't it? :p TheFAN is complaining about heat? If a fan is having problems, it must be hot! :gig
ha! you said it!

and yep - the heat is ridiculous. yesterday i only made it to about 1pm...of course i picked the hottest day of the year to do the hardest mowing project. sheesh!

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
O this is the best!! :lol: ... :thumbsup