You cannot ask for more in a property....

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It would be important to have an inspection done by someone with construction experience before investing in such a property. Many building rehabs cost more than it would cost to knock it down and build from scratch. Important to walk into such a project with eyes wide open, and know what the up front costs are, as well as the repair bills. Then, bid below that to cover the inevitable "oops" and "we didn't see that issue" factors.
Thankfully I have a friend here that is very experienced in properties and renovating them, as well as building houses from scratch (it's his business). I met him when I first came over and looked at some properties he had up for rent and we stayed in touch. He'd look at a place and give you an estimate on the spot of what it would cost more or less to fix it up. And he said he'd like to see what I'm looking at so he can give his opinion and advice before I buy. I'm definitely going to take him up on that offer!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Islands just don't do it for me. I look at them and think storm surge. Beautiful, nice to visit or vacation, but give me higher ground. I love the pictures you post, Ireland is a beautiful place.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It needs cows and sheep too! Pretty place. sumi you could have your won world right there!

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm sure they are kitted out with high speed broadband, @Hinotori And you could always put a few people in those extra houses. I'm thinking holiday rentals got for a good weekly rental weekly in season here... there is a fabulous source of income and company right there!

@Britesea I was thinking the same, it needs more trees. I'd plant a small forest somewhere, there is more than enough space!

@frustratedearthmother and @baymule yes! It needs horses. There are some cows on there already, but sheep is needed. Again, there is enough space.

@Rammy at your listening? You have work to do! lol

I'll get right on it!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
LOL I knew you guys would love it! Isn't it just absolutely perfectly awesome? Wow! Holiday rentals, loads of land, self-sufficient... And may I add Baltimore, Schull and those places mentioned are postcard worthy...

I don't know about you all, but I'm buying lottery tickets here! I don't think it sold yet, it's slightly on the expensive side :confused:

When you moving :)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's gorgeous! I've been looking at a lot of pictures from Shetland, where my sheep originated. Looks just like that. I have also become obsessed with the island of Foula, also a lot of Shetland sheep there, absolutely gorgeous.

I need a vacation ;)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score