Zucchini anyone?????

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
We have been eating and freezing Zucchini until it is coming out our ears. The Wife decided it was time to finish off the Zucc's this afternoon. This picture was taken AFTER we gave away a couple of DOZEN to our neighbors........... :th :th :th

391113558.jpg

Now you know why I bought her "The Zucchini Houdini" cookbook!!!
:lol: :gig :lol: :gig

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Good grief! Do your neighbors lock their doors, draw the curtains, and hide when they see you coming now??? :lol:

I wouldn't, but I'm not normal...

lalaland

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
you don't know how happy I was to see that pic! I have a bad reputation at work - in the cities - because last year I planted 6 pumpkin plants that actually turned out to be zucchini!! so you know I was drowning.

one of my coworkers likes to get the big zukes to make bread with, etc - and she asked if there was any way I could spare one for her mom, too.....(duh!) and then a few other people asked for some, and so people were carrying these giant baseball bats through the halls - to this day when people meet me they ask me if I am the zuchinni farmer. :hide

anyway, I am sending them this pic to show them I am not the only one!

thanks for making my day!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
You are welcome lalaland!
Pssst. need any Zucchini's? :lol:

Free....I do believe the neighbor across the street has started to deadbolt their front door and set the guard cat out, to keep us from setting any more Zucc's on their porch! :lol:

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Awesome zucchini cart you got there, :D
I love my Kabota! Best hunting vehicle every built as far as I am concerned.3 cylinder diesel, good heater, AIR CONDITIONING, windshield wiper/washer, hydraulic dump bed, plus auxiliary hydraulic outlets, and it is street legal!! I have added a winch on the front and a hitch on the rear since these photo's were taken. I use this buggy for just about EVERYTHING around the property and over on the farm. Last spring it was a life saver when gathering maple sap.

386054474.jpg

386054471.jpg

386054469.jpg

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh, my.

I actually tried to grow zukes this year and it was too cold. However, I am going to be overwhelmed by pumpkins. They may be easier to get rid of. :lol:

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Believe it or not, but you could mail a few of those to us SS members out here on the west coast and we would gladly accept them . . . well a few of them, anyway. ;)

I only got a small harvest from some pretty small plants and it looks like they are already waning for the season!

Looks like I won't be having any surplus fresh zucchini this year for my favorite chocolate zucchini cake. Luckily I still have some frozen from two summers ago! :th