Are we living our dreams?

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Guess what.....Its Monday and the project didn't move at all. Plus I had 22 eggs to bring in the house from the coop. So, when I am sufficiently rested from my wild, impossible, weekend job, I'll get started again and no one needs to complain. Amen

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Guess what.....Its Monday and the project didn't move at all. Plus I had 22 eggs to bring in the house from the coop. So, when I am sufficiently rested from my wild, impossible, weekend job, I'll get started again and no one needs to complain. Amen

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It finally stopped raining, but its probably really wet in the woods. So DS grabs his new rifle and goes out. I think he didn't go far enough in the woods because I hear a sound, like someone is either hammering on a tin roof or shooting. Well, don't ask me what kind of gun he bought because they all the same to me, except this one looks like a machine gun and apparently he is the only one in our area that owns one.
Had to put on a slicker suit to tend the animals this morning. Most of them look fine. The ducks and geese are really happy, of course. I forgot the name of the type of drainage I put together for my chickens, but it involved burying a bunch of wine/beer bottles and topping it off with limestone and then racking the mud back over....well, it has paid off because for most part, I have a dried barn 'floor.' Still have a few spots I can tend to though. DS asked today where the recycling bin was and I told him in the barn filled with glass bottles, waiting to be buried. Now would not be the time to dig a hole, but when we do, I have something to fill it with.
So I think the leghorn roo has been with the araucana hens long enough and more importantly the cornish roo has been with the white rock hen long enough for me to plug in the bator, but don't have very many eggs to warrent using that big thing. I might buy a small classroom size bator, if I can get it at a good enough price. But I would want to pick out my darkest eggs from the flock and add to those few eggs, because I'm pretty sure my half maran hens are beginning to lay and they are with a maran now, so stands to reason, I'll be getting darker and darker eggs in years to come. I want the darkest eggs in Cote Blanche.
When I go to New Orleans to get my girls their pointe shoes (which I hate because I loose all since of direction), I always go to an herbal store which is nextdoor to the dance supply place. Well, last time, I wasn't rushed and I didn't really need anything, so I just walked around. Very interesting. They had whole, dried herbs in gallon size jugs, you can buy by the ounce or pound, if you want to make your own herbal medicine but can't go herbing yourself. I asked where she got her supply, because a lot of that stuff, I have growing wild in the woods. But apparently she has to order it from a company. But I was thinking, if I decide to go off on my own, with no paycheck, I can wild harvest and grow herbs and put them in jars like that....and make lots of tinctures and such. Between doing that, and having oranges, eggs, pecans, preserves, honey and meat birds, maybe I can do it. No rush....just a thought. Plus its all in getting word out. Well, I was talking shop to the woman there and I told her I was reading Harry Hoxsey's autobiography, because I already knew his basic story, but wanted to know the full details and I just couldn't believe what he had been through. I mentioned that my co-worker's mom was suffering with CA and that I could only find his formula for dogs because apparently its still illegal to use his name for a treatment, connected to human cancer. But she told me she had it, but its called something else....something like detoxifying formula, but I read the ingredients and its all in there. If and when I start using herbology to help people, I will make a massive amount of the formula and offer it to all the locals I know that are suffering....might obtain all 9 ingredients regardless....some of them grow in the woods and I only need pruning shears and shovels to get them. Its amazing that doctors would keep health from people for love of money. But then again, what they did to Harry Hoxsey was nothing compared to what they did to 23 herbist in Salem, Massachusetts, way back. Doctors can cure you, but they can kill you too.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
The first rule is supposed to be 'do no harm' but I guess that doesn't apply when there is money involved. I really think that now it boils down to the fact that they've been taught that it doesn't work, and that modern medicine is the only way. That's a real shame, and a detriment to our bodies and the ability to heal and be healthy.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This has been the hardest weekend EVER for me at work. I actually cried. I reached the breaking point and told my supervisor and charge nurse, to call in the on call nurse because I can't go on. The supervisor said she wasn't and she was going to help me because we are a team and the charge nurse started doing my charting, all I had to do was sit in front of my med cart and pour and the supervisor started running the meds to each patient.
But now I'm in Limbo. I don't know if I can go on. I know I will get a tax refund because I claimed to be single, with no dependants...hello...I've got dependants. And I have SS projects that are doing things for me and can even do better....plus, I can always increase...and I can do a little renting if need be. And I've been thinking of selling herbs, remedies and natural foods out of a small portion of my home.....but not sure if I can make it without a job. I can for a while, but once I'm all set and life goes on, I don't know what I can expect regularly. But my job is killing me. I will cripple myself. I can't stand and stand and stand, all day long and be late on everything and finally sit down, after 10pm and begin to chart for the whole day until 1:00am and be back on the clock at 6:00AM and do it again. I've been the one everyone depends on, when they in a tight spot and I'm only too glad to be the dependable one and grateful I can keep my family afloat, but I just don't think I can go on for long, unless they cut my work load down. I'm hoping SS can do it for me.
I think there are people willing to pay big money for an organic, farm raised duck or chicken. I think my pantry can be cleaned out, everything go into the kitchen and it be turned into a small herbal store. I think I might attract attention with herbal cigarettes....just don't sell tobacco, unless I decide to apply for a license. I always have people asking me to sell them honey, as soon as I have some....mainly allergy sufferers.
Well, I talked to the administrator about my job problems. I will see what he is able to do for me. Its not just me....all the nurses are thinking of quitting. The patients have to wait and its not fair to them.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I hippie the administrator cam do something for you! That's not a healthy way to live!
:hugshang in there!

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I hippie the administrator cam do something for you!

Your autocorrect tickled my funny-bone this morning!

@rhoda_bruce I hope things work out for you.

I am going in for an inter view for a job I really don't want, but with all the things we want to do with our place, we need the second income. I know what my dream job would be, but it isn't out there ... not anymore.