Are we living our dreams?

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My oldest just broke my heart. She is out of state, travelling 'to see friends.' But I had a suspicion before they even left. She is away doing something you can't do in Louisiana. I found out from DH, who found out on facebook. I love her. She is gold, but I can't approve, give my blessings or pretend this is fine with me. I wlll probably need help getting to sleep tonight. And I'm probably leaving Facebook.....whats the point??? You read stupid shares that were just put up out of meanness. Then you get humiliated when your family airs out laundry. Think of all the chores I can do without reading all that garbage.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I prayed a long time for my child last night. It was a long, sleepless night. I had a phone fight with DH and he called me every name in the book. He gets mad when he is talkin and talking and can't hear me and he knows I couldn't handle it and just put the phone down, so he can yell at a book shelf, while I do something else.
What can I say??? I accept my child, but never expect me to accept all she does. I will not get with the times, because the times are wrong, in my eyes. Maybe I won't peach it at her, but she best not ask me what I think. But again.....I love her.
Well, family and I was productive today.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:thWell, she did it. Not much more to say about that.
I think DS is having a movie night with either my brother or sister's kids because the vehicles are both here, but he isn't and looks like he just bought The Game of Thrones on blue ray....or so I see evidence of it on the table. So I brought in the logs, lit a fire and whatever Momma stuff I could do. DH's niece wanted to sleep over, so its just me and 3 little girls for now.
DS was the one that got after the girls to clean up today because he wanted to find the floor. He has it in his head that he wants us to lay out some insulation or tar paper and put down some hardwood flooring. That would be good.
So today is Mardi Gras and his taxes were ready, but he isn't getting the return he was hoping for. Besides most local small businesses are closed for Mardi Gras. He will have to pay our tax preparer tomorrow.
Washing clothes, that I have to line dry inside tonight. DD11 has dancing tomorrow for a few hours and need to get her stuff ready. Just don't know what my niece thinks about that. Her parents needed a little help a while back and apparently part of the way I'm getting it back will be in work. The plan is my SIL will come here tomorrow for a few hours and we will make some clearings. If she is honest and actually shows up, then I don't mind handling it that way.
Guess I should try to get to bed early.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
:hugs having been one to buck the system in my family I can tell you to give her as much love as you can. She'll need the support, and it will pay off in the end. I'm happy to tall in private message if you need to vent or would like another irrespective. I've lived through the hurt that a personal decision can cause, and the worst part is the pain of family members that can't forgive. Much love to you and your family.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Worked another weekend, which started early. I was asked by the on call nurse, Friday, to come in for PM shift, but I told her, if I go in, I can't leave...only get 8 hours off, during the night shift, so I want her to help me with my charting, while I pass the meds, so I actually get of at 10PM. She did it, so I stayed in my hidding placed 2 nights, instead of one.
Well, life goes on. My daughter is back home and, even if I'm ultra conservative and traditional, I hope she knows I love her, because it was in every message we exchanged over the past week.
Well, its a good thing, I don't have a broody because she'd have ample eggs to set. Good thing also its not hot, cuz I'd have bloodspots even without broodies and maybe the snakes would learn something. I was lazy today, but I easily have a whole tray of eggs for the bator, if I want to finish loading it up and another half in the house. I might go for it.
Friday was crazy. I wanted to drop off my tax papers, but couldn't find the cancelled check for the purchase of DH's house. Most certainly don't want it to look like I took that money from my inheritance and was just sitting on it. That would really bite. So I agreed to work, without realizing that my whites weren't completely dried, (cuz my drier has been broken about 2 months) an had to hang 2 uniforms in the surburban and put my unspeakables loose on the backseat, to dry in route. Dropped off girls with DH, who had just gotten all his bottom teeth removed and then dropped off a cleaned rouen drake for a sale. Got to work 1 and 1/2 hours after shift started and took the cart. Yeehaa!!!
My SIL has begun to help me clean up and organize my house. What I should really do is learn how to sell stuff on EBay or amazon......have a really big, long-term garage sale, in other words.
My only remaining goat is back here on my place, after a few months away. The woman who was keeping her, thinks she might be pregnant. IDK. Hope so, in a way. Miss the milk.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Sounds like you're hanging in there! Glad you got some relief at work!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've dried stuff in a car B4 as well. But at least I didn't have to head out to work w/it!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad you didn't have to dress in the car, like one of the most hilarious skits I've ever seen Mr Bean do!
It sounds like you are busy, but mostly a good type of busy?