BarredBuff's Homesteading Shenanigans

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
sorry your having a tough time, my sister did the same thing to me with her previous pets, if i didnt feed/clean them, noone would :(
shes older now, but still...

its such a shame about the velveteens, i LOVE english lops (i had a huge eng growing up named tank) and LOVE the rex coat, so of course the velveteens realy appeal to me...
but i cant imagine trying to stay involved with something so frustrating.

hmm, mabe a hollond lop on mini rex and try to make MINI velveteens lol wonder if theyd have better sucess...

i wonder why velveteens as a whole tend to have such issues.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
PF, I consider velveteens to be the Leghorn of the Rabbit world. I dont like em.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Today has been full!!

We went to church which was amazing! Many of us were facing hardships today and God touched us all. The song leader began our invitation song and then here went a person, then another, then my Mom, then my Sunday school teacher, then me (I have not felt very spiritual and Godly this week), and a friend (BookWorm77 on here). So 6 out of 16 were praying at the altar. :D :D :D

Then we went down to the cliffs behind the house. Found this ring of rocks, HUGE ROCKS in a circle near the edge of the cliffs. Spent 3 hours doing that.

Then we watched the first half of the UK game (congrats CATS). Then I had choring to do SO I went and fixed things to hold hay in for the rabbits because it finally occured to me they dont eat the hay in there because they poo and pee it full. So I now have a hay feeder. I then gave pellets to my prego doe, and pellets to my other large doe with babies. But no pellets to the other to. Just hay.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Picture time AGAIN!!!

45431_buff_in_big_house.jpg

Broody buff and her army snuck into the big house for a bite of supper, I hadnt fed them yet.

45431_duck_egg1.jpg

DUCK EGGS! I got this today! :woot :D :D :D :D

45431_duckegg2.jpg

Another one!

45431_meaties_week_1_completed.jpg

Meaties Week 1 Complete! They look much bigger!

Im also getting rid of three rabbits tommorow morning! :woot Then it will be time to concentrate on my breeding stock for the meat rabbits.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
AWESOME on the duck eggs!!! I haven't found any duck eggs yet, but I think they are laying somewhere....might go take a look around the yard tomorrow. Those little stinkers always make the first ones SO hard to find!!! They free range completely, and have no nesting boxes of their own, they generally build a nest out back. I really should go look around. If yours are laying already, mine should be too.

Nice looking little birds...I mean chicken nuggets :drool ya got there little bro ;)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Are those meaties CX's?

Mine generally start looking like they have "the mange" about day 4. Yours still look cute at 1 week :D

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
AWESOME on the duck eggs!!! I haven't found any duck eggs yet, but I think they are laying somewhere....might go take a look around the yard tomorrow. Those little stinkers always make the first ones SO hard to find!!! They free range completely, and have no nesting boxes of their own, they generally build a nest out back. I really should go look around. If yours are laying already, mine should be too.

Nice looking little birds...I mean chicken nuggets :drool ya got there little bro ;)
I have been thinking. I think my ducks are a week or two older than yours. When were they hatched off?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Are those meaties CX's?

Mine generally start looking like they have "the mange" about day 4. Yours still look cute at 1 week :D
I have given them 19 % feed and restricted it. That way they wont get to big to quick
They are CXs

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Wannabefree said:

I have been thinking. I think my ducks are a week or two older than yours. When were they hatched off?
My males are older and I hatched them. The females are around the same age as the males, but not positive on hatch dates. :hu So uh....I dunno :lol: They are all old enough to lay though.

Latest posts