BarredBuff's Homesteading Shenanigans

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
BarredBuff said:
Wannabefree said:
AWESOME on the duck eggs!!! I haven't found any duck eggs yet, but I think they are laying somewhere....might go take a look around the yard tomorrow. Those little stinkers always make the first ones SO hard to find!!! They free range completely, and have no nesting boxes of their own, they generally build a nest out back. I really should go look around. If yours are laying already, mine should be too.

Nice looking little birds...I mean chicken nuggets :drool ya got there little bro ;)
I have been thinking. I think my ducks are a week or two older than yours. When were they hatched off?
My males are older and I hatched them. The females are around the same age as the males, but not positive on hatch dates. :hu So uh....I dunno :lol: They are all old enough to lay though.
I see......hmmmmm

I kept the egg separate and didnt wash it. So if she goes broody I hope to have 12 ducks eggs for her.

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just catchin up over here - congratulations on all the growing, duck eggs and chick stuff but sorry to hear about the velveteenj.

And...happy belated birthday!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
:frow Howdy back! You've been awfully quiet lately. Hope it's because you've been able to be outside a lot. Today is supposed to be fairly nice but I'm stuck at work until tomorrow and they're predicting really bad storms... I guess my garden gets to wait some more... What's going on with all of your animals and gardening?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Ive mainly been quiet because I have been busy. :D

This Weeks Update!

I have 7 duck eggs now and a duck on them at the moment. Either laying another one or getting ready to brood them. But her carnucle isnt as red as usual. SO maybe a broody duck! :fl :D

Thursday and Friday I have spring break. So rabbit hutch construction begins thursday! :woot

The Buffs are doing really good. I think they are mainly roosters. :(

BUT thats fine anyway because I do like my fried chicken!

Meaties are doubled. AGAIN. I have to make more feed tommorow. They have almost polished off that bucket.

The Granny sowed our seeds today! :woot I know its late but she likes to do it late for some reason.

Im starting raised bed contstruction this weekend! :woot

I have also been researching organic pest control. I have found some useful stuff.

BB

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Sounds like your busy???

Do you have a picture of your meaties and their set up???

g
I am VERY busy. I have a pic but its last weeks picture. Let me pull it up on here. This is my first round with them. But Ive done them differently than my layer chicks. Will eggs with poo on them hatch?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
45431_meaties_day_1_week_1.jpg

This is them in the setup. This is week 1. Week 2 or 3 ends tommorow.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Will eggs with poo on them hatch?
yes, most times. You run risk of introducing bacteria, but it's usually okay so long as they aren't covered in poo. You can sand it off with a bit of sand paper.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
BarredBuff said:
Will eggs with poo on them hatch?
yes, most times. You run risk of introducing bacteria, but it's usually okay so long as they aren't covered in poo. You can sand it off with a bit of sand paper.
I will do so. I think she is gonna do the broody thing :woot I should have 100% fertility.

Latest posts