Britesea - Living the good life in rural Oregon

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I have trouble getting the crust into the pie pan. But I figure, you're just eating it anyway, so who cares if it's not perfect?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
True Dat, @Denim Deb
My problem was I always overworked it, so the dough was tough. Now that I add more fat to the mix, it seems to work better.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I never had enough water in it. Now that I've put more in, I don't have as much trouble. Now I need to find the time to make one!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Heck, I make a great pie crust... the hardest part is getting it out of that box and unfolding it without tearing it, lol! Go Pillsbury! :hide Gotta love that dough-boy!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, I've been not doing much of anything lately; I got hooked on The Cat Who... series of mystery novels after my girlfriend gave me the first 5 in the series. I went to the used book store and managed to get all but 2 of them. Then I sat down and basically didn't do anything but read. They are cute, although the last few were not as well-written as the first ones. I know she was getting older, and maybe tired of writing them? Anyway, I finished the last one last night; so now I can pay attention to other stuff again, lol.

I did take one break from reading about cat detectives though; we had a girls' movie night at L's house complete with popcorn, pajamas, and really bad horror movies. It was lots of fun- especially the "giant" Gila Monster.

We got some rain this week. Wouldn't you know it would come a day earlier than they predicted, and I had washing on the line?

I fell off my diet wagon this week, but I'm getting back on today. It's not going to be as hard to do as one might think... after eating healthy for a period of time, switching to a high fat and high carb diet made my tummy not feel well; I'm actually happy to get back to my diet.

So tonight, a small baked ham with baked sweet potatoes, green beans, and pickled beets and a light dessert of canned raspberries (in light syrup) over frozen yogurt.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
W/the exception of the beets, that sounds yummy!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had a pretty nice weekend; we went to C's house for dinner, spooky movies, and my son handed candy out to the little stormtroopers, bumblebees, and witches etc. I made stuffed mushrooms, guacamole, and bean dip, yum!
I had gotten some pork for a good price, so I ground it up and canned it today. I lost one jar- the bottom simply cracked. I've only had that happen once before. *sigh*
Tomorrow, I have a 10 pound box of mushrooms to take care of. I'm thinking of marinated mushrooms for most of them, and maybe dehydrate the last 2-3 pounds.
I finished one of the sleeves for my sweater- so now I just have the other sleeve and I'll be done, YAY! For a while I was thinking I wouldn't be able to wear my sweater until I was in a coffin... lol.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Hubby lost a few jars that way. But, it was his fault. I don't recall now what he did, but he did something stupid.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am not sure if I did anything- it wasn't overstuffed, and the temperatures were right so it wasn't temp shock. Maybe it just had a flaw in the glass that finally gave way? It was an older Ball jar.

Latest posts