Britesea - Living the good life in rural Oregon

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've wondered as well. Glad you were able to find out what was wrong. We have chiropractic care as part of our insurance. There have been several times, that, if we didn't already have the coverage, I would have gone anyway, so I feel your pain.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am finally down to one visit a week, for 2 more weeks. It feels good to be able to do things again, but after 2 months of doing nothing, I have to build up my strength and endurance again. Spring is in high gear at our place and I am chomping at the bit! DS has been digging up the beds for me and I need to do some soil tests- the first one needed more nitrogen and potassium so I dug in a couple ounces of blood and bone meal. I managed to plant the asparagus in that one, but I was tired after that; looks like I will have to limit myself to 1 bed at a time.

DH and I went shopping this weekend and ended up buying something we had no intention of buying- a couple of rocking chairs and a small table for our (eventual) patio.
rockers.jpg

They are sooo comfortable!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I haven't been able to work in the garden the last couple of days because it decided to rain, hail, and sleet a bit-- typical spring weather here. I had bought a half-yard of good garden soil to fill the last bed I'm building; I barely had time to get it out of the truck before the rain started. I've been anxiously watching the apple and plum trees because they just started to bloom about a week before the rains came. I did see a couple of bumblebees hovering around one of the apples to I've got my fingers crossed. So far the blossoms haven't ALL fallen.

As soon as I finish here, I'll be planting some of my peat pots with broccoli, kale, tomatoes, eggplant, and peppers. I've GOT to get them started so I can get them into the ground. The warm weather stuff doesn't need to get in until early June, but the brassicas need to be ready within a month. I also need to get the peas and broad beans into the ground, as well as the potatoes. :barnie

For once, I'm ahead of schedule on dinner. I'm making fajitas for dinner, and I already have the meat marinating and the peppers and onions sliced and ready to saute. Dessert is some ice cream I picked up earlier-- perhaps with some raspberry pie filling?

Well, time to start planting seeds!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Dinner sounds yummy, as always!

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dinner sounds great. I can almost smell it over here on the East Coast. Love those chairs and table.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A friend called to say she was gifted with a pair of geese, but she already has a gander so she wanted to only keep the female and did I want the other gander? I told her no because I don't have any geese and he would be a problem by himself. So she and I decided we are going to get together and have a goose dinner. (hope he won't be tough!)

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
So glad to know you're ok. I was really worried about you too! REALLY frustrating that the VA took so long to figure things out. That's ridiculous. They could have saved their own money if they had diagnosed and treated you effectively (and probably given you a shorter treatment) in the FIRST place... geesh.