Bubblingbrooks Journey - Salut!

BirdBrain

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I hope your trip went really well!! Anxious to hear all about it. :pop

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Glad you all made it safe...so sorry you are all suffering in this heat. I hope your little one will be ok!! A nice cool bath will help.
Good to hear your dad is up and walking. Thats GREAT news!!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, I'm melting too! And, I'm used to the heat. (Supposedly)

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My missionary friends in the Philippines told me to use lime juice to help acclimate to the heat. Not sure exactly how it works, but DH is a definite convert, he's been guzzling lime-aid (lime juice, water & liquid stevia) for over a month now and doesn't sweat & overheat nearly as much as before. He's home all day and doesn't like to use the ac unless its killer heat. I'm in an air conditioned office all day, so I haven't noticed much of a difference.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I live in a fairly cool climate (this year it has been very cool), and will never choose to live in a hot one. I am also somewhat of an Anglophile, and read a lot of of books by British authors. The Brits also have a cool climate at home, but for a long time they were the colonial masters of places in hot climates. They always swore by hot tea, and I have found that it truly seems to work, though it is counter intuitive. I am a big tea drinker anyway, but on hot days (which we get here on occasion ;)) a nice cuppa, very hot, is quite soothing - the Brits would add milk, and maybe sugar; I prefer it black, unsweetened. Probably hard for the average American to stomach, but maybe worth a try if you are adventuresome. (For the baby a lukewarm bath might be of more use)