Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our food chain is and will be severely crippled. Those of us who have the ability to supply ourselves and another, will be blessed.

Rabbit & chicken are faster to produce than larger animals. Don't forget that those eggs are excellent protein sources....hens in lay should be treasured. My milking goats are a constant source of food. Lamb & pig are fairly quick to mature. These are things to consider. I am going to establish a mealworm farm this summer for home grown winter protein for my hens. Anything helps.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
101 cases in my county now.

@farmerrjan that is interesting about the EPOCH news, I will go look that up. A friend had said that over 2 million people were missing in China, I wondered where he got that number. I'll have to ask him. It would be refreshing to actually read something without a political (lying) slant to it.

there was a short blurb on the news just now showing cars lined up for miles to get food from a food bank. I didn't get the city where it was. It showed green beans in the field with no one to pick them. Workers are sick in the meat processing plants and Smithfield in South Dakota (pork producer owned my China) is shut down. Cargil is operating on reduced production, as is Sanderson Farms. This is going to severely hurt the food chain. Anybody out there without the means to raise their own needs to stock up all they can. Now. Anybody out there with the means to raise their own, needs to snag a couple of feeder pigs before their price hits the moon. If you run out of feed at anytime in their growth, then you just butcher a little sooner.

you can subscribe to the channel also. But this the total softball version of what happening. PM me if you interested in the hard ball version. I will not post the URL in a open forum.

Last edited:

SS Project Manager

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

Read these articles today. I think it is interesting how we have been told for months that it wasn't a big deal. Now, today we are on the verge of a pandemic and the stock market has tumbled.

What are your thoughts?
Yikes! Thank you for sharing these articles! Very useful! Congrats on getting featured on our homepage and please let us all keep safe!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I want to thank all posters for being able to discuss these issues without getting upset if other posts don't align with your thinking. If we can't discuss these issues HERE, OPENLY, and HONESTLY, then... where can we. I just took ducks and chicks out of the bators, and intend to set more eggs today. Please, all keep posting, keep the honest communication going. Creal, I have read many of the Epoch articles, and find them to be a lot of refreshing honesty. Some of that honesty is like a sucker punch to the gut. But... I'd rather hear the truth than keep my head buried in the sand.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No doctor or nurse that I know signed up to do a job without the proper equipment and supplies. Do they know there is a risk - sure. Do they expect to have the necessary supplies to mitigate the risks - of course. Did they expect to be putting their family at risk - no.

I do applaud every one of them for doing their job but it's a sad, sad situation that they are not protected.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
No doctor or nurse that I know signed up to do a job without the proper equipment and supplies. Do they know there is a risk - sure. Do they expect to have the necessary supplies to mitigate the risks - of course. Did they expect to be putting their family at risk - no.

I do applaud every one of them for doing their job but it's a sad, sad situation that they are not protected.
Sadly, it is the nature of public jobs. I am required to fund raise for anything and everything in my classroom just about. They are experiencing the same problems we have except their issue could be life threatening. Mine is just a pain.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

LIKE X 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

How can our HEROS do their job without proper PPE??

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I want to thank all posters for being able to discuss these issues without getting upset if other posts don't align with your thinking. If we can't discuss these issues HERE, OPENLY, and HONESTLY, then... where can we. I just took ducks and chicks out of the bators, and intend to set more eggs today. Please, all keep posting, keep the honest communication going. Creal, I have read many of the Epoch articles, and find them to be a lot of refreshing honesty. Some of that honesty is like a sucker punch to the gut. But... I'd rather hear the truth than keep my head buried in the sand.

We are family. We don't all agree all the time. Sometimes we even squabble, but we remain bound by the threads of trying for a better life for ourselves and our families, friends and neighbors-and we don't always like all of them either!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
LIKE X 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

How can our HEROS do their job without proper PPE??

So, in all our wars and in the absence of proper ways to cleanse, sanitize or protect the nurses and doctors, should they have just packed up and went home due to no proper PPE? Nope...they got sick and died doing their jobs and they knew the job could entail just such as that...and they signed up to do it anyway. Saved a lot of soldier's lives and many of us are the offspring of that effort in the face of danger.

It's all well and good to say they shouldn't HAVE to, but the job is still at hand and the supplies are not~so we let people die because some doctors and nurses are scared they MAY get sick? Send them home~ their heart is not in it, only their heads.

I have no problem working with patients without the proper PPE and have done so on numerous occasions when we should have had full on battle gear to be handling very contagious people...and we didn't. It's the job. And....20 yrs and I never once got sick from wading into the infection and doing my job. We are there to serve, regardless of the conditions in which we have to serve, and we get paid to do that job...it's not a volunteer position.

Heroes become heroes by doing what no one else has the courage to do in the face of great danger.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
f229d8be-2b13-490e-9b55-455a4049feda-jpeg.35166

Status
Not open for further replies.