Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
oh girl child, prayers for you and all your family. i know you'll take good care of yourself. and I'm smiling quietly about DS, I'm a grandma ya know, we don't mean any harm but we can't help spoiling them. it's your job to stay firm with him and not give in no matter how many tears are shed. my granddaughter was born at 28 wks so i know a little about what you're going thru, she had to stay in the hospital on bed rest for almost 2 wks before DGD made into this world. that was 21 years ago. one would never guess that she had such a shaky start. in fact she is now carrying my first great grandchild. hang in there.:hugs

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I think he is over it. He had a meltdown over unloading the dishwasher this morning. Then soon after, a meltdown because he realized he was 5 days behind in schoolwork. That one he dealt with pretty well, started doing schoolwork without being prompted. I haven't checked yet, but it sounds as if he finished several days' worth. DH talked to him about helping a bit more / swapping chores with me. And about behaving himself - since stress and raising my voice trigger contractions. And making sure he can dial 911, and knows to put the dog away, unlock the front door, etc.

I managed to make lunch, still waiting for my middle to settle a bit before I get up again.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hope he stays settled down. Glad you're home, and I think what you're planning on doing is plenty for today.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Today was pretty good! Not many contractions - nothing worrisome. I was a little lightheaded at times, but taking naps helped with that. Being home is good medicine; I'm so much more relaxed getting out of the hospital's baby-saturated environment.

I started a countdown on the fridge. My goal is 45 days. If we can get that far, Baby should weigh 4 pounds. NICU babies can't be held until they weigh 4 pounds. I can't imagine not being able to hold my baby for months! DH is getting superstitious about the countdown chart. He won't let me cross off a day before midnight. :D

I got a bit done today! I worked on cutting mats off my Fuzzy Lop rabbit. He has terrible junior wool that mats up so bad. He is super-spazzy for grooming; it's really dangerous. He is getting better, but he ripped out a toenail on the towel he was sitting on.

DH and I cleared out the guest bedroom. It's been collecting stuff since we moved in May. We also packed a hospital bag. Getting ready for anything!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I am absolutely blown away this morning. I gave my son the art assignment that I pulled him out of public art class over. Just to see where he is in understanding sketching and where his ability is. I CANNOT BELIEVE IT! I had to go check and make sure he hadn't traced my example! His progress is unbelievable. He has got all this ability hidden inside, just needs a little help to find it. The smile on his face makes it so worth it! :love It makes me wonder if I would enjoy teaching private art lessons from home (after baby stuff settles).

Quiet morning here. Picking away at housework. Trying to finish a puzzle which is taking up the whole kitchen table!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Awesome, congrats to him! Yup, it often just takes the right instruction for a talent to be unlocked. I wonder how many children have talents that are never found or are squilched by adults.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
one day at a time tortoise, one day at a time. you have to be so proud of your son's budding talent and also proud of your ability to reach thru and teach him. prayers for you and yours

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
No bad news today at my Dr. appointment. Except I'm losing weight. :\ Have lost my appetite due to stress. :oops:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Can you force yourself to eat more? Or, find something that you really like that won't hurt you or the baby and eat a lot of it? Even if I'm feeling bad, there are certain things I can always eat.

And I agree about people that have talent they don't realize they have because of someone else. I can relate. I'm finding that I'm better at things than I ever knew. All it's taken is the right kind of encouragement.