Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Yeah, you can't live w/them and you can't shoot em. :hide

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL

once in a while i havea day where i think...it would be nice to have a "partner' to keep me human company aound here..then i read about other peoples crazy other halves and it reminds me why i have no plans to quit being single lol.

*HUGS*

Denim Deb

Reaction score
If anything ever happened to him, I really doubt that I'd ever remarry. :/

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I guess I'm a total freak cuz, he may annoy me on occasion (OK, somewhere between daily and on occasion ;) ), but DH is pretty good about taking care of my honey do list. Sorry :hide He says cooperation with me results in a nag-free existence for him, so it's win-win :lol:

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Want to send him my way? If I tell hubby 1x something needs to be done, it doesn't get done. I tell him 2x and he complains that I'm nagging him, so then he doesn't want to do it. :he

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I like to say I never nag :D I write a list of things I plan to take care of. I start checking things off my list. He says "Hey, let me see that list" He rewrites it, including stuff I *forgot* ;) then starts checking things off. I realized years ago lists were his weakness - he gets punch lists at work and busts his backside to knock everything off them in record time, so I just use that to my advantage :) Now, if he asks me what I plan to do today, then carts me off in the opposite direction, he knows he better 'make up for his error' asap, or I will be grumpy indefinitely! Honestly, we both just try our hardest to please the other - usually. We both have our selfish moments, but both recognize that life goes so much smoother when the other is happy :hu On the other hand, I hate vacations with the man! By the time we reach the state line, I'm plotting his demise (wondering how difficult it would be to throw him out - into a ditch, so he doesn't get run over, and jump in the drivers seat/close the door without slowing down more than 5 mph :D ), so I can have a nice, relaxing vacation, instead of following an exact timeline! I want to stop. I want to take pictures of the scenery, and NOT while we're zipping by at 70 mph!! Someday, I'm going to take a ME vacation - get there when I get there, stop 50 times along the way, if I want to, take little side trips on a whim. You know, actually have fun :lol:

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I HATE to take vacations w/my hubby as well. He's changed as he's gotten older. I like vacations where I can relax, sit back and look at the scenery, etc. He no longer does. I like to camp. He wants to go to an all inclusive resort. Plus, he likes to shop, I hate it-unless it's a store where you can find unusual and interesting objects. More and more I'm learning how to do things my self out of self defense. It's the only way I'll get them done. I want to move in another year or two but unless there's more done here we won't be able to. And when we do move, I have a feeling that our house will sell easier than a lot of those on the market. It's small, has a wood stove, a green house, a shed, a garden and will have an orchard. I think it will be snapped up pretty quickly-unless things really get bad.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So you have done all that to your house and then what? You sell it, someone else benefits from all the hard work and you have to find a place and start all over. Small houses are a lot easier to take care of as you get "more mature". Unless you really love that work of starting all the way over, and having to go a long way to take care of your horse, I don't see the point, other than getting away from the over populated areas of where you are right now. Admittedly, I'd want out of that state, too!
I have been hearing that land prices out in this area of the world have skyrocketed. In 2001 land was about $300/acre, now I'm hearing closeer to $4000/acre? And that is out here in the middle of nowhere!
Will you be able to afford to leave what you have and go where there is some land? I'd be very sure you can before trying that. Now, with the election rhetoric all gone and the truth about the economy and the incident in Libya and the CIA scandal, it is anyone's guess as to what is going on in DC. And to top all that off, the Middle East is at war again. Our troops are out of Iraq so they can't go help, but the Israeli's are being accused of aggression because they shot missles back at Gaza so now the Palestinians feel they are justified in escalating this citing "Israeli AGGRESSION" Things are NOT good right now.
Sure, your DH wants to relax when he gets somewhere, but what you are suggesting is having him work his butt off starting all over again in some new location.
Well, at least you won't have to ride your HD to the barn so you can do the chores for all the other folks.
I hope you get what you want very fast because in a few more weeks, it may not be even possible. Have you seen that your BOy has started a FEMA army here in the CONUS and just graduated 281 new "FEMA" soldiers to start taking over this country? How did this happen?
And of course now there is a petition from every state in the Union to secede. What is happening here? Does anyone have any idea?
Keep your head on a swivel, your butt below grade and your powder dry. Don't forget, WD 40 is NOT a lubricant...it is a cleaner.
Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni
Trim sends
//BT//

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Some days, it just seems like I'm not getting anywhere w/all I have to do. But then, I have to take a step back and really look at what I've gotten done. And, if I compare where I am now as to where I was a year ago, I can see progress.
Long time (okay, not really, but it feels like it) no talk to! :hugs

I haven't read further than this ^^^...that is the story of my life, since we've moved to our newish home. I know I'm doing, but it just doesn't ever seem to show. It's bound to snow or worse, in the past week I've been told by two people (doc is one of them) just how much change they've seen. :th I totally get it from my Grannys' POV...she hasn't seen this place in well over a year. For doc to say it...heart-stopping! :th :gig

From my POV, whether you want it or not...you NEVER STOP! :bow You rank right on up there with the never-ending WBF and Pinkfox and you gals inspire me to keep on, keepin' on! :hugs Anytime I accomplish anything, I think of y'all and then add several others to my "Hugs" list...FEM, SSD. HQ13, Joel_BC, BarredBuff, etc....

I. for one, thank you, Deb! :hugs You have a crappy dayut still find inspiration in it and post that...whether you realize it, or not...as opposed to some people here! :hugs :hugs :hugs

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Trim, most days, my hubby does NOT work his butt off, but I sure do. He does very little around the house or yard. When he is home, he's either sleeping, drinking, or cooking. And when he cooks he normally makes a mess that I get to clean up because he won't. There is a ton of stuff that he's promised me he's going to do and it NEVER gets done-unless I either do it myself, or start on it myself. Then, if I'm lucky, he'll help and complain the whole time. And, I HATE this area. It's too populated.

As for this house, we were only supposed to be here for 5 years! It's been about 25 instead. There is not ONE room that's done. There is no trim in the house, the windows frames were never stained or painted when the windows were replaced when we first moved in. I'm tired of going out to the farm to care for my horses. I want to be able to walk out my back door, take care of them, then come back in. I can't get stuff done either place easily because I'm too spread out. When I'm doing stuff at the farm, I'm not getting stuff done at home. When I'm doing stuff at home, I'm not getting stuff done at the farm. Then, if the weather's bad, it can be hard to get to the farm. So, if I'm not there, then who's caring for my animals?

Nor am I doing a ton to get this house done. Much of what I had thought of doing is not going to be done. I want to just make this house attractive in the current market so it's easy to sell. Nor do I want to get a bigger house. I prefer smaller houses. They're easier to clean, heat, cool off, etc.

As for prices of land, etc. NJ is very expensive. Insurance is high, land prices are high, house prices are high. Taxes are high. We move out of this state to one of the areas I'm looking at, we'd be able to have what we want for cheaper than anything similar in this area.