Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
GOOD FOR YOU DEB! YOU TELL THEM AND YOU STICK UP FOR YOURSELF! :lol: Demanding Deb is taking over!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Yep, I figure it's time for Docile Deb to take a vacation. :lol:

Denim Deb

Reaction score
They're calling for a low in the 30s tonight! I'm wondering if I should cover up all my plants for just in case. :/ After all, I don't really want to lose them if it gets lower than they're calling for.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow 30s. you are chilly still. the delicates I would cover. better safe than sorry. they can go fast in that temp.

I used to do it all too Deb. Did things for everyone. Doormat some days :) At some point you have to make people wake up and take their end of the responsibility and not be put out by others actions all the time. Stand strong gal. Get people to do their share, get out of your way in making the day harder, and get yourself some down time.
nothing wrong with that :)

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I got a text from KN today while I was in church. PT left her horses in the riding arena. Can I put them back in their field. Let's see, they have grass in there. They have water. Nope, no can do. Not my problem, not my responsibility.

I'm to the point that more and more, I want off the farm. I had been looking last year at a house that was right down the street from there, like 2 miles. I'm so glad that I didn't get it. I want to be close enough so I can still ride w/them-if I want to-but far enough away that I'm not getting calls whenever someone has a problem.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm about ready to go back to bed! I'm beat. But, RU should be back today, so that means I don't have to do her horses! :ya

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I was so tired today that I didn't get a lot done. In fact, after hubby left for work, I went back to bed. :hide So, I didn't get the laundry done early enough to hang out on the line-it's in the dryer right now.

At the farm, all I did was clean the fields, move the wires, feed the "normal" horses, (RU is back so I didn't have to do all the others!) bag feed, feed the chickens and Cindy, work Misty in the RP and groom her. I was going to mow, but couldn't get the mower started. :he I'll jump it tomorrow when I have the truck (I was on the bike today). I'm going to try to disconnect the battery when I leave, and see if that helps any. I'm wondering if something is draining it.

After leaving, I ran over to my brother's house. He had a turkey carcass in his fridge for me! Now I can make some turkey noodle soup! I can just imagine what most people would say if I told them I got a turkey carcass from my brother, but figure y'all will understand. :lol:

Got home, made bread, brownies and snickerdoodles, did some dishes and some laundry. Then, went out and covered up all my tomatoes, peppers and eggplants w/old hay! We could get a frost tonight! :ep That's more than a MONTH past when we typically get our last frost. :somad

I'll be going to bed in the not too distant future. I had hoped to get there by 9:00, and shouldn't be that far off.

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow, sounds like you had a busy day, Our last freeze came later than usual for us too. The heater even kicked on last night. The garden is finally going good though.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Go, Deb, Go!!! Glad that you're putting your foot down with some things. It sounds like it will make your life much easier in the long run. I hear you on wanting off the farm. I'm at the point here where if I could leave I would. But that will take time, too. Everything in due time.
Glad you covered the plants up, we had a chilly night last night, here, too!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Because of having to do cover them all up, I didn't get to bed as early as I wanted. Plus, hubby turned on a movie in the living room so loud I couldn't sleep-until after 11:30. :somad And, this morning, I couldn't go back to bed. I HAD to get out to the farm early since I wanted to go to the hay auction, plus I had my appointments. I broke the top off of one of my tomatoes, but other than that, they were all fine! :celebrate I HOPE we're done w/this cold weather now. I'm not sure how low it actually got. It was 32* when I got up! And, it didn't get that warm.

I tried to jump the mower today and had no luck. I finally gave up, and yank the battery. It's on the charger right now. I honestly think there's something wrong w/the positive wire. It was all corroded today. I really need to get it home and work on it, but I don't want to do that until I have my lean to done. I don't want to fix it until I can store it out of the weather!

I did work Licorice in the RP today. Talk about attitude, she flipped me the "bird" several times! But, by the end of the session, she was listening to me. I can groom Misty w/out tying her up, didn't even try that w/Miss Attitude. Tied her up when I was done working w/her, and gave her a good grooming. Of course, I was covered w/horse hair when I got done. :lol:

I worked on getting my broody pen done. I got all the chicken wire I have attached on the inside of the pen. I'm thinking I just might run boards along the bottom as well. I still need to get some wire on the last side, and over the door, but I'm glad I got as much of it done as I did. I got a dozen store bought eggs today, and am going to try and get a hen to go broody, and sit on those eggs. Then, if I do get chicks from the eggs in my incubator, I'll let her raise them instead of me!

Went to the hay auction, but the prices were horrible! I bid on some, but didn't get any. And, they had some really nasty looking RBs STARTING at more than I'm willing to spend! But, more and more people are harvesting hay, so hopefully, I'll be able to get some next week. If not, I'll be calling every hay supplier I know to see about getting some at a good price. If I have to, I'll see about getting some off of CL's.

I'm exhausted, so hopefully, I can get to bed soon.

Latest posts