Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Boy does it feel good to sit down! Today was a very full, but rewarding day. I was able to get all the clothes ironed, another load hung out and the trash and recyclables out B4 I left.

I was afraid that Misty was going to give me a hard time about loading in the trailer. She made a bit of a fuss, but not bad. I never had riding lessons as a kid, and for the most part, I've just ridden. That would be fine if I was just going to trail ride and not care about proper equitation. But, I'd like to do some local shows, so I want to improve my riding. And while I started taking lessons a few years back, it's been almost 3 years since I had a lesson. Nor have I ridden that much. But, we did good. Some stuff I need to work on, but I didn't spend the whole lesson fighting w/Misty-which has happened in the past. So I think as long as I continue to work w/her, ride her when I can, and take lessons, I'm going to greatly improve my riding ability.

I had the horses out in the parking area when I was getting the truck unloaded and the trailer cleaned out. Of course, Licorice took that as an opened invitation for her to go in. At least I don't have any problems loading her in a trailer!

Got home, and was able to get my kitchen clean and my dishes washed. Then I went out and worked in the garden. I think most of my tomatoes have gotten as tall as they're going to. Some of them are about 6 ft tall! It's a good thing I didn't used cages. They're not high enough. I also moved more of the strawberries, then worked in the front. I didn't do quite as much as I'd planned, but the goats were happy. I pruned back a tree and gave them the clippings.

Now I'm sitting back and relaxing for a bit. Tomorrow and Friday are also going to be busy, then after that, I'm hoping that things will calm down a bit. But I'm getting stuff done and I have the satisfaction of knowing that once I get certain things done, I don't have to worry about doing them again.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Today promises to be another busy day. I have Bible study this morning, so I'm planning to leave a bit early. That way, I can hopefully get some stuff done at the farm B4 I leave so I'll have less to do when I get home. Years ago, I took a truck tool box out to the farm. I was hoping I could stick feed in it, but w/the way it's designed, it didn't work. It's filled w/KN's junk. I have asked her repeatedly to clean it out so I can sell the tool box. She never has time. So, I've taken some cardboard boxes out and will take everything out, then stick it where she has all the rest of her junk. That way, I can get the tool box home, and make the hitching rail I've been wanting to make. So, my list for today:

1. Find something that needs to be washed-I'm caught up on regular laundry, but have a ton of other junk that needs to get clean so I can get rid of it
2. Fold and put away a load of laundry
3. Work in bedroom
4. Dishes
5. Normal farm chores
6. Clean field and spread manure
7. Bible study
8. Work on mowing small fields
9. Work on getting stuff out of tool box
10. Work in garden
11. Work on moving strawberries
12. Work on front yard
13. Feed goats and clean branches out of their pen

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Yay for your lesson! So glad she behaved! Its always a relief to me when they behave the way you want them to!
Hope you're getting lots done! If your weather is anything like here it should be a nice day to be outside! (and of course I'm stuck in the office...)

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I didn't quite get my list done. I didn't have time to do dishes this morning, but there's not that many of them. I'll do them tomorrow instead. RU's mower wouldn't start, so I couldn't mow. Plus when I got there, I found one of my chicks I hatched out in the bator in w/my hen and her chicks. And of course, the mamma hen attacked her. So, she has a big sore on the back of her neck. She's lucky she wasn't killed. So instead of working on manure or the tool box, I had to set something up for her. I couldn't put her back w/her group, otherwise they pecked at her. And all I had to put on her was SWAT-it didn't work very well. So after Bible study, I ran to TSC and got some Blu Kote. I know some people say not to use it, but it was all they had that I could use. She seems to be doing OK. I'll let her go for a couple of days, and if she's OK, I'll try putting her back in w/her group.

I did get my field cleaned. LF let me use her mower to spread it. And while I'm not telling hubby this, she will let me use it to mow-as long as I only mow my field. RU had to tell her that I helped clean the stalls. When I was talking to her, she almost broke down and cried. Her health is not the greatest, and she doesn't want to give up the horses. It meant a lot to her that I did this.

LF and RU were going out to dinner, so they asked me if I wanted to go. I hadn't planned on doing it, but decided I was going to go. Hubby goes out all the time, I rarely go out. And dinner was good. I had a steak, salad, cottage cheese, baked potato, roll and raspberry iced tea. W/taxes and tip, it was $17.00. I had plenty to eat, and thought that was a pretty good deal.

Once I got home, I got the branches out of the goat pen, then worked in the garden, moved a few more strawberries and raked part of the front yard. I'll be running everything I rake up thru the shredder, and putting it in the flower garden.

Hubby is drunk again and is driving me nuts. He managed to cut his finger pretty good because he was cutting stuff while drunk. And he wouldn't listen to me about what to do about it.

Tomorrow, I have a volunteer meeting in the morning. So I'll be getting to the farm a bit later. And I'm almost out of Stormy's supplement, so when I leave the farm, I'm going to have to run to the one tack store and get it. So I'll be busy.

Jess172

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I didn't know that you weren't supposed to use blukote on chickens. I used it on my leg horns when they stated plucking their tail feathers bloody. It worked great for my girls, stopped the bleeding, stopped the pecking, and they healed up nicely. Hope your little chick pulls through.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Well, if she does pull thru, then she will get a name-which means she won't have to worry about the stew pot. This is the same chick that I rescued from a snake. So since she's always getting into jams and needs to be rescued, I'd call her Pauline. (For those that don't get it, there was a film series many years ago called The Perils of Pauline. It was B4 my time, so I don't even know why I know about it.)

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I overslept! But that's not surprising. I was up late last night. Hubby got drunk and managed to cut his finger quite badly. And he couldn't figure out what to do about it. He wouldn't listen to me, but did finally manage to get it bandaged and stop the bleeding. I'm thinking I need to go in my room when he's drunk cuz he drives me nuts! But then again, if I can get the basement cleaned, I can always go down there and hide.

It's nice and cool out. I just opened some windows to let the cool air in. I would have liked to have done it last night, but can't do it if hubby is awake. I really wish I didn't have to go anyplace today. I get so much more done when temps are like this. But, since I have to leave, I plan on getting the following done:

1. Find something to wash. Yesterday I found a couple of comforters in the laundry bin. They've been washed and air dried and are going for yard sale stuff
2. Work on basement
3. Dishes
4. Volunteer meeting
5. Normal farm chores
6. Remove stuff from tool box
7. Get stuff ready for working on hay shelter
8. Work w/Licorice
9. Work in garden
10. Work on moving strawberries
11. Work in front yard

I may actually finish fairly early tonight. I hope so. It will feel good to sit down and relax. But then again, I may go back to working in the bedroom. I've been working on cleaning off my dresser. I can see part of the top of it. I'd love to be able to see all of it. Once I get that done, the rest of what I have to do in there won't be that hard. I had been going to wash walls, etc, but I'm thinking I'll wait until Fall. I'd rather get rid of the clutter first.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
So much for getting done early. I forgot that I had to go and get more of Stormy's supplement. The store where I used to buy it has pretty much closed down and the only other place they sell it for a good price is quite a distance away. It's worth it though. If I got it in TSC, I wouldn't be able to get as big a container for the same price. And, they don't sell it any place else around here. But, I got my whole list done. I worked later than I'd planned cuz I didn't want to go in the house.

Hubby is drunk again. I'm looking more and more into a way to support myself. I'm tired of living w/this all the time.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Hubby finally shut up and went to sleep last night. I think I'm going to have to stick my computer in the bedroom B4 I leave in the morning. Then in the evening after I get my shower I can go to "bed". He doesn't normally bother me once I go in the bedroom. That way, I can hopefully get some peace in the evenings if he's going to insist on getting drunk.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Tiring day. Hubby and I left later than planned. He didn't remember we were supposed to go out to breakfast. He didn't remember I wanted to go to TSC. But once we got to the farm, we got to work. It's taking a lot longer to build this hay shelter than expected, but we got more done. We had to stop B4 we got done because we were both just wiped out. I had other things I had planned on working today, but there was just no way I could have. I'm exhausted.

Latest posts