Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I want to go on a bird walk this morning, but they're calling for rain-though for now, there's nothing but spotty showers. I'm not even supposed to be up now, but I woke up at 4:30, and needed to use the bathroom. I figured it wasn't worth it to try and go back to sleep. So, my list for today:

1. Bird walk-if it's not raining
2. Get a hair cut-it's in my eyes
3. Make banana bread
4. Make regular bread
5. Make salsa
6. Dishes
7. Put away laundry
8. Sort thru chestnuts
9. Finish chicken house
10. Work in goat/chicken area
11. Normal farm chores
12. Bring home my 4 older hens
13. Goats and bunny

I figure that's plenty for today.

elwood

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
that sounds like a full day to me. Maybe it is good that you woke up so early :hu

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I didn't get it all done. It took me longer to make the salsa than I was expecting. But it's done. I emptied the dehydrator. I made my banana bread and regular bread. I did dishes, and fed animals. And, I'm beat! I'm about ready for bed.

elwood

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I bet! You deserve it after a good productive day!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm still behind on stuff here, but am getting closer and closer to being caught up all the time.
Right now, I feel the most rested I've felt in days. I went to bed at around 8:00, and didn't get up until around 7:00! And, even though I woke up a couple of times to adjust blankets (it got down to 36 last night!), I slept for most of the time.

Since today is Sunday, I won't be doing a whole lot other than normal animal care. But, I will be doing some dishes and folding up clothes. I might work on the little chicken house, it will depend. If I can get that done, then hopefully we can get the tree out of the goat pen tomorrow, and I can get the chickens home either Tuesday or Wednesday. If I get hay on Tuesday, I'll bring them home then. If not, it will be Wednesday since I have a lesson, so I'll have the truck.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thirty six? wow... However, we did get into the low 60's last night! Hallelujah we might have a fall this year! Good luck on getting the chickens home.

elwood

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We are having our first cold snap of the fall as well. As usual it made my bad knee act up so I am limping around in my brace. I don't think I am ever completely caught up LOL

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yup- the more tender plants are showing shriveled leaves here... We got down to 36 as well on Wednesday

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Guess you sent your cold weather east!

I don't think I'm going to do anything today. It feels so good to just sit back and relax for a change. Hubby is not home. He and DD went to the Eagles game. She won 2 tickets. And, I'm finding out exactly how tired I actually am. I may just take a nap. And while it doesn't look like I have any canning to do this week, unless I'm able to try to make ketchup, if the weather is nice next Saturday, I'm planning on having a yard sale. So, I have a ton of stuff to do first. I want to do a lot of cleaning in the basement, not only for the yard sale, but also so I can make a fire if needed. It's a bit cold in the house, but I can't make a fire right now. I have books on top of the wood stove, but can't put them away because that part of the house is a mess.

At the farm, I'm hoping to get my chicken area expanded, finish my hay shelter and work w/Misty. Plus I have a feeling that B4 I can let my horses out into the parking area, I'm going to have to clean up a bunch of manure. 4 people at least were going on a trail ride today. 2 of the horses were tied to my trailer. Another was tied to a hydrant, and I'm not sure where the 4th horse was tied. At least one of them pooped. And I doubt very much it will be cleaned up. If they had told me they were going on a ride, I would have gone. But I didn't learn about it until I got to the farm to feed Stormy.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
For the first time in days, I almost feel rested. I didn't get to bed quite as early as I'd planned on last night-got interested in Myth Busters (they were camping in tents made of duct tape, and kayaking in kayaks made of bubble wrap and duct tape), so I didn't get to bed until 10:00. But, I was able to get up w/the alarm at 5:00. I have a lot of work I'll be doing this week, but not sure if I'm having my yard sale on Saturday or not. They're calling for showers on Friday into Saturday morning. It might be that, instead of setting up on Friday like I'd planned, I'll have to start later on Saturday and set up then.

It got down into the 30s again last night. And, it's not going to be overly warm today. In fact, it's not going to be that warm all week. In fact, the weather is going to be beautiful! Highs only in the upper 60s, or low 70s. Night time temps in the 50s. This is my type of weather. So, as long as I'm not too tired, or my allergies aren't bothering me, I hope to get a lot done. My list for today is:

1. Put away laundry
2. Wash and hang out a load of laundry-just not sure what needs to be washed
3. Start repairing and waterproofing horse blankets
4. Normal farm chores
5. Clean field and spread manure
6. Groom all the horses
7. Work w/Misty
8. Clean some of the living room
9. Finish little chicken house
10. Work in garden
11. Goats and bunny
12. Dishes

I'm hoping hubby will take down that tree today. I need to get everything in that area done. It will make my life so much easier.