Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
About the same here too! We have showers in the forecast for 4 days I think. Not sure how I feel about that.....

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I like them, but not so much that I HAVE to watch them. I only watched this episode because of what they were doing.

Didn't get everything done, but I made progress. I got some of the laundry put away. And, I got some washed. But the big thing I did for the laundry was to completely empty my laundry bin and vacuum it out! Then, I put in it just the laundry that I'm not doing this week. I didn't put in any of the odd stuff. When I have the time over the winter, I plan on making it smaller. It's just too big. I won't be telling hubby, I'll just do it myself.

I had to make some changes to my plans out at the farm today. When I got there, they were trimming the trees along the road by my field. So once I had the field cleaned, and the horses all groomed, I started just walking Misty in the field. She was not happy. Plus, I kept stopping, and making her stop and back up. By the time I stopped, she was listening much better.

When I got home, I relaxed for a bit. I was more interested in going to bed, but didn't. I unloaded the dishwasher, reloaded it and ran it. Tomorrow, I should be able to go back to washing them by hand. Then I went out and worked more on my chicken house. I didn't finish. I could have probably gotten it all put together today. But, I wouldn't have been able to move it by myself, and didn't want to leave it out w/out painting it. So, I stopped. I also didn't work in the garden, just didn't have time. Hubby wasn't feeling good, so I had to make dinner for once.

Now I'm relaxing for just a bit, then I'm going to go to bed! I'm tired again.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I was planning on going to bed at 9:00, but didn't get there until 10:00. I'm still tired. I'm waiting for hubby to leave for work, then I might go back to bed for a bit. I have a feeling I'm not going to be having my yard sale on Saturday-they're calling for rain, so I have some time to spare. I don't think I'm even going to wash any clothes today. Instead, I'll concentrate on getting stuff put away. So, my list for today:

1. Put away laundry
2. Dishes
3. Clean bathroom
4. Normal farm chores
5. Bible study
6. Hay auction
7. Finish little chicken house
8. Goats and bunny
9. Go out to dinner w/CMA
10. Shopping

If I get any hay today, I'm not getting as many bales as I did last time. I'm planning on getting around 40 total. And, I won't stay for dinner past 8:00. That way, I can pick up a few things at the supermarket that's just down from the diner.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Some dais are like that worth the horses, just gotta do what you can.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I didn't get done all I wanted to do yesterday. I had trouble getting in gear, so I didn't do anything around the house. And while I only got 35 bales of hay at the auction, they were heavy! So, I called up hubby and he helped me unload and stack them. By the time I got home, it was too late to work on the chicken house. I only had enough time to feed animals B4 leaving for dinner. But, I did get trash from the farm brought home. And of course my bag of trash had a ton of trash from everyone else. I've decided to not leave my bag out. Main thing I put in it is baling twine from the hay, so I'm going to leave the bag in my hay shelter. The bag was overly full. Instead of taking their trash w/them, people continued to just stuff it in my bag.

I'm going out again tonight. There's a campfire at the Nature Center just for volunteers, so I'm going for it. I have a lot to do today B4 I can leave. So, my list for today is:

1. Make potato salad for tonight
2. Take out trash and recyclables
3. Wash and hang out a load of clothes
4. Normal farm chores
5. Lesson
6. Work
7. Finish little chicken house
8. Put away laundry
9. Dishes
10. Do what housework I can
11. Goats and bunny
12. Campfire

Denim Deb

Reaction score
KN was at the farm yesterday when I put hay out, so I didn't start a new bag. I don't need her seeing where I'm keeping it.

I wasn't sure about the hay after I bought it cuz it had a little bit of a sour smell to it. But, the horses seem to like it. Rather than feed Stormy in his stall yesterday, I fed him by my tack shed (I have a heavy, black pan for when I do that). And I had the hay sitting on my wagon waiting for me to pull it out to the field. As soon as he got in there, he went for the hay. And as soon as I pulled the wagon into the field, Misty and Licorice started eating the hay. So, hopefully, it's OK.

I was in a real rush yesterday. I was on the move all morning, walked out w/out my lunch, and was a bit late for my lesson. Misty is in heat and was horrible! She was more interested in flirting w/all the geldings on the farm than in listening to me. But I got the lesson in and we did make progress. And I've decided that for now at least, I'm going to do a lesson every week. I think it will help a lot. Plus, I really need to work her in the RP. She's giving me a lot of problems on the ground as well, so she needs an attitude adjustment.

I didn't get all of my list done yesterday. I got some of the laundry done, but not all of it. I did some dishes, but not all of them, and I didn't do any housework. Plus, I didn't get to my chicken house. I need to get that done. I'm planning on concentrating on that and the goat pen when I get home. I think if I really work hard, I can have it all done for tomorrow. Then, I can bring home my chickens. I'll do some housework today, but not much. They're calling for rain tomorrow into Saturday-there goes my yard sale :( . So, I'll be doing more housework tomorrow. I need to get the one section of my basement cleaned. I can't use the wood stove until I do, and we might need a fire over the weekend.

Since they're calling for rain tomorrow, I have to do 2 loads of laundry today. I have one load in the wash now. And I'm going to have to get some more laundry put away so I have empty baskets so I can put it all out. So, my list for today is:

1. Wash and hang out 2 loads of laundry (one load is in the washer now)
2. Fold and put away laundry
3. Dishes
4. Normal farm chores
5. Clean field and spread manure
6. Work on expanding chicken area at the farm
7. Work w/Misty
8. Work on goat area, finish chicken house at home
9. Feed bunny and goats
10. Housework

If I get to work in the house, I get to it. If not, I'm not worrying today. I do have to put clean sheets on my bed, but that has to wait. They're all in the washer right now.

hqueen13

Reaction score
It was a full moon, too, which never helps. I worked Storm yesterday and he did ok. Though the wind wasn't really his fault. He kept spooking every time a hickory nut would fall on the metal roof of the hay feeder sitting on the side of the driveway. I don't blame him, he did pretty good holding himself together, but he never completely fully relaxed, which I don't enjoy.
Hope you get lots done quick today! I hear you on the fire! We have to get our stove vent pipe cleaned out before we can use our stove. At least we've got the pellets....