Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
By the time hubby got out of the kitchen, it was too late for me to do the dishes. So, I need to do them today. And, I'm planning on leaving early so I can get my lesson in, work and hopefully empty my spreader B4 it gets too bad out there. Tonight is supposed to be nasty, so I guess I'll be putting hay in the stalls for the horses overnight. So, my list for today:

1. Dishes
2. Normal farm chores
3. Lesson
4. Work
5. Spread manure and set up stalls for rain
6. Work on cleaning kitchen
7. Clean goat pen
8. Feed animals at home

I feel like I'm missing something, but can't think of anything else I really need to do. If I were to get the kitchen all cleaned, I would work on cleaning the basement. I don't think I'll be able to do anything outside because of the weather. If this system hits later than they're saying, then I'd try.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Or rained a bit overnight and now we're in between. Hope you get your lesson in!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Just barely got the lesson in. If I hadn't gotten there early, I wouldn't have. It started to rain just when we were finishing up. The lessons are really doing me a lot of good. I'm starting to realize when I'm not doing something right, and correct it. (Of course, that means then I forget about something else. :hide)

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I wasn't overly happy when I got to the farm. RU was no where around. So that meant the tractor was still parked where it was on Monday. W/out the tractor, I couldn't spread the manure. Plus I didn't know where the new posts was for my gate. So that meant I wasn't able to replace the post. I was happy it was still up, though. Yesterday, KN had said she might stop by the farm. So I left her a message not to use the gate since the fence post was broken. She went thru it anyway. I'm so glad it didn't break off on her. I would not have been happy if I had had to go out there yesterday to replace it.

I had some of my hay fall down in the hay shelter. So that meant some of it got wet. I had to rearrange the hay. I wanted to work on finishing it, but it was too windy out. Hopefully I can do it tomorrow.

I enjoyed myself going out w/the ladies from church. Now I'm just relaxing for a bit B4 heading to bed. I hope I sleep good tonight.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I never posted yesterday's list! I thought I did. Either I must have been in too much of a rush, or else it went into cyber space.

Today is going to be another beautiful day out, so I'm hoping to get a lot done outside. CL called me yesterday to tell me that she's going to be at the farm today. So, if RU isn't around, CL said she'd help me w/my fence post. I just won't be able to let the horses into the parking area.

Tomorrow we're having a fall festival at church and I have some stuff I want to get done today for that. The theme is Western Roundup. They wanted some straw for that. No one in the church has any, but I had someone that I know tell me that if they have any, we can borrow it. So, I need to call and see if they do. If so, I'll be running over and picking it up. If not, I'm going to use some of my goat hay. The bales aren't as heavy.

I'm also wanting to clean some saddle pads and a couple of saddles I'm not using. They'll make good decorations. But I need to clean out my truck. Hubby messed it up some when he was driving it, and I haven't had a chance since then to get it cleaned out again, so I'll be doing that. If I can have the truck cleaned out, and everything in it that I'll need for tomorrow, that will make tomorrow easier.

I need to get off of here and get started. So, my list for today is:

1. Dishes (I'm almost caught up again!)
2. Wash saddle pads
3. House work-just not sure what I'm doing
4. Normal farm chores
5. Replace fence post
6. If it's not too windy, work on hay shelter
7. Put better roost in chicken coop
8. Clean field and spread manure
9. Clean up saddles
10. Clean out truck and load for tomorrow
11. Feed animals at home
12. Put away laundry

That's enough for today. Monday will see me really start on getting stuff outside ready for winter.

hqueen13

Reaction score
So glad you got your lesson in. I had the same thing happen on Monday with my friend. It started missing while we were working and by the time we called it quits it was lightly raining. I got there early, and is a good thing I did!
Hope you can get the new post in today!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When you get your truck cleaned out - will you come do mine? I can't believe I've let it get so cluttered...ugh! Good luck with that list...

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I didn't get everything done, so I'll be getting up the normal time in the morning so I can do more stuff. I need to be at the church at around 8:00 to help set up for the fall festival. I didn't get the saddles cleaned up, nor did I clean out the truck. Plus, I need to load some hay to take w/me. So, I probably won't be on in the morning. Instead, I'll be finishing up what I need to for tomorrow.

I did get the new fence post in, but didn't work on the hay shelter. It was too windy. I need a calm day to do that since it's not easy to work w/tarps in the wind. Been there, done that, and almost got blown away-I was on top of RBs at the time.

hqueen13

Reaction score
I have a strong dislike of wind. Don't blame you for not working on it!
Hope you got caught up! Hope the fall festival goes well! If you're weather is anything like ours, you'll have a great day!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
It was a nice day. I didn't have time to clean up the saddles, but since they were just being used for decorations, I didn't worry too much about it. I took 12 bales of hay w/me and had no problem w/people messing them up. We did not have a lot of people, but those that came from outside of the church seemed to really enjoy themselves and stayed for hours. I got to relax a bit, and got to know some of the people that I don't really know that well better.

When it was over, and I had everything packed back up, I went to the farm, and took care of the animals. Neither CL nor KN was able to come to the farm today, and while RU fed my horses, she didn't feed CL's. So I went ahead and fed them while I was there.

Got home, took a break, then got the animals fed, then unloaded my truck. Now I'm relaxing. I'm hoping to get to bed early tonight.