Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Checked on the chickens when I got home. All 4 of them are in w/the goats, and I can see where they've been doing some scratching in there, so it looks like this is going to work out quite well. They're settling in real well. I might be able to let them out earlier than I'd planned. But when I do let them out, it will be later in the evening. I figure there's less chance of them taking off then

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Hens are settling in nicely. They're enjoying being in w/the goats, but will come for scratch grains when I call. I did flip the one section of cattle panel so the larger holes were on the bottom instead of the top. They keep forgetting how to get out of the goat area. And, one of them laid an egg! That means I still have 2 of my older hens laying as well as one of my pullets. It will be nice when she starts laying larger eggs.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Time is flying by! I have so much to get done B4 really nasty weather hits, so I'll be busy again today. I also have a lot to get caught up on. So, my list for today is:

1. Dishes
2. Put away laundry
3. Work on cleaning living room
4. Normal farm chores
5. Clean field and spread manure
6. Work w/Misty
7. Work on finishing hay shelter
8. Work in basement
9. Work on firewood and yard
10. Clean goat pen
11. Feed goats, chickens and bunny

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm getting to foodie out what I want to get done today before it rains the rest of the week too.
Glad the chickens are happy!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
We did not get the weather they were calling for, and I was on my bike! I got wet. I didn't do everything on my list. I got my field picked, but when I went to get the tractor, it was parked where I couldn't get it easily and RU wasn't home. So, I had to cover the spreader and leave it there. Earliest I'll be able to dump it now will be Wednesday. I didn't do as much on my hay shelter as I wanted to, but did do some. On Thursday, I hope to get it all done. It will make it easier to get to the hay, and easier to stack it as well.

Because of the weather, I left early, so I didn't work w/Misty. Since I was wet by the time I got home I didn't do anything else done outside other than feeding. And I didn't do anything else in the house once I got home. I just felt really drug out due to the weather.

In good news, one of my pullets started to lay today. And, she actually laid 2 eggs! I had checked for eggs earlier, and had taken one egg out. Then I noticed her checking out the nesting boxes when I was checking the feed. I'm not sure how much longer it was that I heard her come out, all excited. So I went and looked and found not 1, but 2 eggs! My other pullet is laying brown eggs. The others I have that are that age should also lay brown eggs. These eggs were white and the one was a bit bigger than the other. So I now have 4 chickens laying. I might actually have some to sell soon!

hqueen13

Reaction score
Yay for eggs to sell!
I got a bit wet several times yesterday. They originally said it wasn't supposed to rain but I guess they were wrong! It was gross all day yesterday!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm just hoping it doesn't rain too early tomorrow! I have a lesson, then I'm working.

Just stopping in for a flying visit. I've actually made a good start for the day. So, my list for today:

1. Iron shirts (done)
2. Clean bathroom (done)
3. Balance checkbook (done)
4. Feed store
5. Normal farm chores
6. Bible study
7. Drs' appointments
8. Run some errands
9. Feed home animals
10. Dishes

If I get to anything else, it will be a bonus.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
love those baby eggs, yea for the pullets. mine haven't started yet and i keep waiting to find tiny eggs in the nest.

hqueen13

Reaction score
You go!
Apparently it's not supposed to rain here at all now today. It's windy and had that weird warm feeling. Hope you get lots done!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
The only thing I have left to do is the dishes. And, I can't do them right now cuz hubby is messing around in the kitchen, and is drunk. I did finally get my hair cut, so that's a relief. Not sure if I'm going to be able to get the dishes done or not.

I'm supposed to have a lesson tomorrow, but that might not happen. It could rain, so we're playing it by ear. It's going to depend on how the weather is in the morning. I'm hoping to leave for the farm super early. The earlier I can leave, the earlier I can have my lesson and the earlier I can get home.