Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It's cold out there! And I'm not set up for cold weather yet. So I have a feeling that the bunny water is frozen solid as is the chicken and maybe the goat. But at least it's supposed to warm up, so everything should thaw out. I will give the bunny water though, once it's not quite so dark out.

I'm not 100% sure what all I'm doing today. I have a viewing I need to go to this morning. And I plan on leaving early for it. The funeral home is next door to KN's house. She has a tree she's having taken down and I want to see if it's any good for fire wood plus she wants a load of manure and I want to see how hard it is to get into her yard. I thought about taking the manure w/me, but figured that was a bit tacky. Once I get that load (or 2 to her), the rest is going to the same guy I took the other 2 loads to. Then once Mt. Manure is all gone, I'll level the ground in that area the best I can. That will give the horses more grazing and make the area look so much better.

Hubby may go out to the farm w/me once I get home. We still don't have the new windows in my tack shed, so he might do it today. We were going to do it 2 weeks ago-and it poured all day long. And I'm hoping I can finish putting up the new tarps around the hay shelter either today or tomorrow. I'll also be taking Stormy's new blanket out and putting that on him.

At home, I'll be doing firewood, then working in the garden. Later in the day, we're going to have to do some shopping. This evening, I need to work on studying a Sunday School lesson. One of the teachers at my church is away, so I'm teaching her class and I keep forgetting to study the lesson. And I'm going to try and get the last of the dishes washed.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Basically, I got nothing done yesterday. I got home from the viewing then sat around waiting for hubby. He said he was waiting on me. And since he didn't want to go food shopping after dark, it meant that, other than feeding Stormy, getting his blanket on and normal farm chores, i got nothing done outside. So I have enough wood for today, and that's it. That means when I get home from church, I have to work hard to get the wood holder filled.

I still need to fix Misty's blanket, but all it needs is a D ring on it. I can do that this morning, then take it w/me to church.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope Misty won't be too cold until you get the blanket done. Did you get that third blanket you needed yet?

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Yep, it came on Friday, so I put it on Stormy yesterday. I got the dishes done this morning and fixed Misty's blanket. I was thinking that there was something else I needed to do to it, but couldn't figure out what. When I put it on her, I realized what it was. I had had to put one of the straps back on last year, and didn't have it positioned right. I had been going to take it off and reposition it, but that didn't happen, so it will have to wait. And, I'll have to do that when hubby's not home. I can just imagine what he'd say if I did it when he was home.

Once I got home from the farm, I relaxed for a bit, then went out and did wood. The wood holder in the basement is now full. I won't be able to do wood again until probably Wednesday at the earliest. And I have some that I'm going to start on first. W/where it is, it should stay fairly dry.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
It's raining. That means I won't get anything done outside today. I was supposed to have a lesson today. But, since she doesn't have an indoor, that's out. So instead, I'll go to work for awhile. She does have stuff that needs to be done inside. And today is the only day we both have available. I plan on leaving early rather than later for the farm. The rain is supposed to be the heaviest this afternoon. I'm glad I got the blankets on the horses! Though I imagine they're all hiding in the run in-which means it's going to be a mess. If it's not raining too heavily when I get to the farm, I'll clean it out. Hubby's getting ready to leave for work, and I want to get a lot done today, so here's my list for today:

1. Laundry (I still have stuff that I need to put away)
2. Housework (I'm going to try and have my kitchen completely rearranged and organized by the end of the week)
3. Normal farm chores
4. Clean out run in
5. Work
6. Feed animals at home
7. Dishes

Since I won't be working outside, this list looks really short. But hopefully I can get a lot done inside.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Most of one part of my field is under water. :( I didn't get stuff done today. I was doing good-until I got home. I put apples in the dehydrator this morning. And when I got home, they looked the same. The fan was working, but that was it. So I got on line and started looking to see where I could get another one now. Only one I could find was in Harbor Freight. I got it, but am not overly happy w/it, so I'll be doing some more research b4 I get what I want. But of course, that threw my schedule off. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Same here, but it was over 30 yo, so I guess it was time. I think I found what I want, the Nesco Gardenmaster Pro. It looks almost identical to my old one and I have a feeling that it IS my old one, just w/a different name. I looked at the manual, and the warnings were identical. It holds the same number of trays as mine, and I believe they're the same size. As soon as hubby says we can afford it, I plan on getting it.

Today is not going to be a very nice day. The weather is going to be more like January than November. The high is only supposed to be in the low 30s, and it's going to be windy! I will be doing very little outside today, probably just what I have to do. And, I'm going out to dinner w/CMA. Since I spent so much time doing research on dehydrators yesterday, I didn't get done much, so I want to do a lot today. I'd better get started. So, my list for today is:

1. Laundry
2. Housework
3. Normal farm chores
4. Bible study
5. Gas station and bank
6. Hay auction
7. Feed animals at home
8. Dehydrate more apples
9. Dishes
10. Go out to dinner.

This cheap dehydrator that I picked up takes longer to dehydrate, but at least I'm getting it done.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Wait, harbor freight has a dehydrator?! How much? My yard sale find has died, and is like to have something, cheap is better until I'm really sure I will use it consistently. And we have a harbor freight here!
Stay warm today. I'm pulling out all my serious heavy gear today. It said 19 on the thermometer at 7, and the real feel on weather channel said 9. Ugh. And of course is howling like a gale outside because it's always windier here than anywhere else.