Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
All this rain is making life really difficult. The pasture is so must we can't get a round bale out to the horses. That means I'm throwing small bales which is a waste of money!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I was looking at the pastures yesterday and was glad that I'm not doing RBs. There is just no way I'd be able to get thru all the mud w/a tractor!

Yesterday did NOT go as planned! They changed the forecast on me, so we had another day w/periods of rain, so no lesson. I did go to work for a bit. And since it was wet out, I couldn't charge up my battery, so I didn't work on the hay shelter. It was too wet to work on the goat pen and since I needed to work on the outside of the greenhouse in order to get rid of stuff on the inside, I didn't do that. I just grabbed wood out of the woodshed for overnight because it was just too wet to cut anything. It is supposed to dry out for today and tomorrow, then they're calling for more rain on Saturday into Sunday! Next week is supposed to be dryer, though. I hope they're right.

Since it was too wet for a lesson yesterday, we're going to try for today-providing I can get my trailer out. It gets so wet at the farm that I may not be able to get it out, we'll see. And, I'll do some more work as well.

Even though I didn't feel like it, I got quite a bit of housework done. I would have had more done, but hubby got home the earliest he's gotten home all week. I'm hoping I get get a lot done today. I want to decorate on Sunday, and I'm not ready to do so. So, my list for today is:

1. Housework
2. Normal farm chores
3. Lesson
4. Work
5. Goat pen
6. Garden/yard/orchard/greenhouse
7. Firewood
8. Feed animals
9. Apples
10. Dinner
11. Dishes

That looks like enough for today. I'd better get started.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Another day that did not go as planned, but I still had a good day. I'm getting better and better at my riding. EH is very pleased w/how I look on Misty now. For the most part, Misty was good for the lesson. But, she did do 1 very big spook-about like the one she did where I almost went off. I was much more secure in the saddle this time, and didn't feel like I was going to come off.

I worked later than I expected. But, the one thing had to be done, so it was 3:00 by the time I was done. So of course, it was late when I got back to the farm. By the time I was able to get done there and get home, I wasn't about to start doing anything outside. So, I just got the animals fed, and got more wood out of the woodshed. Then I went in the house, did the dishes, dehydrated the apples, got some more housework done, and made dinner. I still have clothes that need to be ironed, so while dinner was cooking, I worked on that.

Now I'm sitting here, relaxing. I'm falling asleep, so I should be able to get to bed soon.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Today should be a good day. I have a lot that I want to get done, and have already started on it. I'm sitting here taking a break B4 I do more. But, I've gotten towels in the washer, and am just waiting for it to get light out B4 I hang them out, balanced my checkbook, and made chocolate chip banana bread. I have the equine dentist coming out today, and I normally give him a loaf of it.

I also have to run some errands today as well as do wood. I don't know if I'm going to have to go to the feed store or not. I had hoped to take the bike, but I have some stuff in the truck that I need for today. I thought I was going to have to work today, otherwise I would have left the stuff at the farm, but got a phone call last evening that I didn't need to work. I was quite glad-especially since today was already full. I have a volunteer meeting this morning as well. So, my list for today is:

1. Laundry
2. Make ccb bread
3. Housework
4. Meeting
5. Normal farm chores
6. Finish hay shelter
7. Work on cleaning field
8. Equine dentist
9. Run errands
10. Feed animals
11. Firewood
12. Dishes
13. Make and decorate a cake for a party tomorrow

I'm not making dinner tonight. I have plenty of leftovers, and want to use some of them up. The rest will go in the freezer. An, I need to find the cake pan for my cake. I have one that's shaped like a Christmas tree. I just need to make sure I have all the colors I need for decorating it!

hqueen13

Reaction score
This rain is getting to be excessive. I'm so sick of struggling through mud that I almost want to scream when I start slipping and sliding every time.
Hope you get everything done today!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Today was a messed up day. It started out good, but went downhill from that.

I got the clothes out on the line, but shouldn't have. The forecast was wrong, and it started to rain sometime in the afternoon. So, they'll stay on the line probably until Sunday afternoon. It's supposed to dry out and be windy, so hopefully, they'll dry.

The volunteer meeting went late, so I was late getting to the farm. And my manure spreader just isn't working properly. I was able to get it filled up 2x, but ending up unhooking it and dumping it over both times. I've done some reading, and other people have the same problem. I think it has to do w/how wet the manure is. So I think for now, I'm going to use my dump cart. I got most of the field cleaned. But because of the rain, I didn't get to the hay shelter.

Licorice acted up for the dentist. She kept rearing, so he wasn't able to do her. But he also said her teeth didn't seem to be bad. I'll work w/her this year, and also talk to the vet. He told me there is something I can get from her that will calm her down, so we'll see.

I put out the last of my chicken food today. I'm going thru too much of it. I need to get rid of my young roosters, but w/all the cold and rain, I just haven't been able to do it. Hopefully I'll be able to start on them next week.

I also need more of Stormy's feed. I thought about going to the TSC near the farm. But, the errands I had to run were in the other direction. And, there's another TSC in that area. So since I had to go past that one, I decided to wait. Well, they didn't have the chicken food I needed. So, I decided not to get Stormy's feed either. So that means i need to find time to go tomorrow, which will mean that I'll be late for the party.

I have a gift that I'm making. I needed some supplies for it. I was able to find most of it in 1 store, but not everything. I'm hoping I can find it on Tuesday. If not, I'll have to figure out how to finish w/out it.

By the time I got home, it was late, dark and raining. So, I fed the animals, and brought in more wood. I won't be able to do any wood tomorrow, and won't have time on Sunday. But, w/as late as it was, I didn't get my cake made. So, I'll be getting up early tomorrow so I have the time to bake it and decorate it. At least I got what I needed to decorate it the way I want to.

I'm sitting here trying to stay awake. So, I think I need to get to bed.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm beat! I got up at 4:30 so I could get my cake baked and decorated. I wanted to be done early since I was going to go on the bird walk. It was cloudy w/a chance of rain. I figured I've been spending enough time outside in the rain, so I didn't go.

Had fun w/the cake. It stuck to the pan, then broke. I was able to "glue" it back together w/icing, then got it decorated. Once I was done, you couldn't tell. Everyone loved it.

We actually had a pretty good turn out for the Trim a Tree for Wildlife. And, we got done early enough so I could run to TSC and get my eed B4 heading over to the farm. My plan was to feed B4 I headed for the party. Only problem being, KN fed late this morning, so it was too early to give Stormy his 2nd feeding.

The party was fun. I really hated to leave. But, I wanted to get done stuff while it was still light out. I forgot my rain coat and rain hat, but at least it wasn't raining too heavily when I got to the farm. I didn't really get wet. When I was done there, I headed home and fed animals, and brought in enough wood for overnight. Then I did dishes, and heated up a pizza for dinner.

I was going to work on a gift for someone. But, I'm falling asleep. I'm probably going to head to bed soon.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
It's stopped raining for now, but we could get a ton more this week! So, I may be doing some stuff outside this afternoon. It's going to depend. I need to get part of my living room cleaned up so I can get my tree up. Maybe instead of getting it done this afternoon, I can work on it this morning. And if I'm not done, finish it up tomorrow morning. It's also colder and windy out, so that should help w/some of the mud-I hope.

I may actually have to use the dryer this week. I have clothes that I need to wash. But, the forecast is showing rain and/or snow for Tuesday-Friday. I'm hoping that changes. Plus, if we get that weather, I won't have a lesson this week. If it's not too windy, I might try to ride tomorrow.

If we do get all that rain, I might take a Christmas present I'm working on to the farm. After all, I won't be able to do anything other than feed, and I sure don't feel like sitting around doing nothing.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
My living room is cleaner, but not completely cleaned. But, I was able to get my tree up. I really like this new tree. It's prelit. Any others that I've put up, you had to hunt for the cords for the upper sections. But w/this one, the electric is in the "trunk". So, all you have to do is put the sections together, and plug it in. That was so much easier.

I was going to do wood, but I changed my mind. Instead, I filled the wood holder in the basement. Any day that it's not raining, I'll be working on firewood. If the wood is dry or almost dry, it will go on one side of the woodshed. If it's wet, it will go on the other side. And, I won't be bringing any wood in until the wood holder is empty-unless the weather is going to be real nasty.

I have a lot of sassafras, which burns pretty quickly, so it's not the greatest if you want your fire to last a long time. So, I've decided that every time I fill up the wood holder, I'm going to bring in some of that. Then the next morning, when I'm trying to get the fire going, I'll burn that as hot as I can. I figure that will help keep the chimney cleaner. I may even decided to burn like that once a day.

I made chicken vegetable soup for dinner. I'm eating that, then heading to church for the evening service.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Your weekend sounds like mine, a little bit crazy and of kilter. Glad you got lots done. Bet you didn't take a pic of the cake did you? Lol