Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Same here. I normally have oatmeal for breakfast, but wanted something different.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Well, it can rain tomorrow and I won't have to worry about wood. I was able to get enough wood cut up and split to fill the wood holder in the basement. And, it's not supposed to be as cold, so this should last me a bit longer.

At the farm, I fed Stormy, put out hay, took care of the chickens, and clean out the run in. It was getting pretty bad in there and since they're calling for rain tomorrow, they're probably going to be spending most of the day in there. Plus, I want to hang the hay nets, so I wanted that clean.

Hubby wanted to go shopping. We needed some food, plus I needed staples for my staple gun and propane for the heater I have at the farm. I don't know that I have enough for tomorrow, so I wanted to be sure I didn't run out.

I'm tired, and think I'm going to go to bed soon.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
It is not supposed to be so cold this week, so I should get more done outside this week! Today it's going to be a rainy day, so this is the only day I won't get stuff done outside-other than normal animal chores. I'm hoping to get a lot of housework done today. And, since I didn't do dishes and hubby's been home, I have a ton of dishes to get done.

This week, I need to get my greenhouse all done, then figure out a way to heat it. When I was in Wally World yesterday, they had seeds out. I wasn't expecting to see them this soon. It's a little to early to start veggies, but I'm thinking I might be able to get some flowers started-providing I can figure out a way to heat it. I want to make a rocket mass heater of some sort, or at the very least, have a barrel stove. But, I'd prefer the RMH. After all, it's not supposed to take as much wood to heat. Don't know that I'll be able to do anything in there today.

I have a lot to get done in the house, so I should get started. So, my list for today is:

1. Housework
2. Dishes
3. Laundry
4. Normal farm chores
5. Finish rearranging tack shed
6. Finish cleaning feed stall
7. Feed animals
8. Dinner

This list looks short, but that's only because I won't be doing stuff outside.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Today is going to be another cold day. In fact, right now may be the warmest it's going to get, 33*. The good thing about that is, since it didn't go below freezing last night, hopefully my field will have a chance to dry out some B4 it freezes. But, this is also supposed to be the coldest day of the week. So, I don't know if I'm going to try and do anything outside or not. I should. I really need to do wood. I had thought about going to the hay auction, but I don't need the hay so why bother? Instead, I think I'll go get my hair cut.

I also need to do a load of clothes. I'll admit to not feeling like hanging them out. And tonight is supposed to be the coldest night of the week. I'm supposed to have a lesson tomorrow morning. I'm thinking of e-mailing her and seeing if we can change it to either Thursday or Friday, preferably Friday. It's not supposed to be as cold then.

Hubby has left for work, and I need to get busy. So, my list for today is:

1. Housework
2. Laundry
3. Normal farm chores
4. Bible study
5. Hair cut
6. Feed animals
7. Firewood
8. Dinner
9. Dishes

That's plenty for today.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Hope yall didn't get too much rain and ice out of this storm. It wasn't too bad here, it could have been way worse!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I don't know how much rain we actually got. But at least it stayed above freezing last night and much of today.

Didn't get my hair cut today. When I went, they were closed, so guess I'll be trying tomorrow instead. And, today felt very weird. After Bible study, I went back to the farm, fed Stormy and went home. I didn't try and do anything outside because of the weather. Instead, I came in the house, ate lunch and relaxed for a bit. Then, I did some housework B4 going out and feeding animals and doing wood. I could get use to that.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Going to be another cold day today. I was supposed to have my lesson. But, after all the rain, then freezing cold temps, we decided to wait until Friday afternoon. I will go to work for awhile today. There's not really much I can do at the farm in weather like this, so why not? So, my list for today is:

1. Housework
2. Laundry
3. Normal farm chores
4. Work
5. Get hair cut (if they're open)
6. Feed animals
7. Firewood
8. Dinner
9. Dishes

I'm liking these shorter lists. It makes my life seem easier.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Shorter lists are good!
Could be snow showers here today. Not enough to amount to anything I guess. It froze hard again yesterday, but it's supposed to be a little warmer again which should be nice! I can't figure out how to dress with all these changing temps and adapting to the cold on top of it!