Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Eurgh sorry to hear on that :( also sorry to hear about bad weather, I hope the weather clears up and is beautiful soon!!

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
68 and sunny here today. it was so wonderful. i know that its the middle of janurary and is going to get cold and nasty again so i am making the most out of it while i can. hope it drys up at your place soon

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Well, hubby thought he had my laptop going. He had another laptop that was the same. The hard drive in that one is good, but it had other problems. So, he tore apart his den looking for it. (Everything from there is now in my living room. He's got a ton of stuff to go thru and either toss, or put back in here neatly.) He was able to get the hard drive switched last evening when I was playing around on here. This morning, I did some laundry, dishes and practice the piano B4 trying it out. My mouse wouldn't work on it. It was super slow, and I was getting messages about not being able to display the web page. So, I think I need a new one.

It got colder last night than they were saying. So, I'm waiting a bit longer B4 I leave. W/all the rain that we had, then cold temps, I'm thinking black ice. And even once I get to the farm, there's nothing I can do out there other than feeding. So, I'm heading to KN's house. She has some stuff that needs to be cut down, etc. So, I'll be doing that for her. Anything that's good for firewood, I'll be taking home. She also has a bunch of stuff that needs to be chipped up. I was going to take my chipper to her house, but w/all the rain yesterday, we never had a chance to check it out and load it in the truck, so I'll bring it home, chipping it and taking it out to the farm in bags for her. She wants it for her garden. She hasn't had one in awhile, but is trying to save money. They only have 1 vehicle and she's trying to save to get another one. Since it would actually help me for her to have one, I'm all for it.

Once I get home, I'll be doing more firewood. And, since it's warmer out, I'm going to try to get the manure on my garden. I get that done, then I can concentrate on my greenhouse. I need to get that going soon. I need to start flowers at the very least by the end of January, beginning of February.

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yay gardening!!! :) I gave got to get a move along on that too, the frost we had about two weeks ago killed all my plants even the huge tomatoe bush that was going :(

Be careful out there, especially with that ice it's trecherous :I

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I wasn't able to leave until later than I'd planned. It's been wet, then cold. So, my wood is all at the least, damp. It feels dry-until it thaws out :barnie. It was hard to get the fire going today. We made a dent in what needs to be done out there. I'll be going out again on President's Day. I want to take my chipper out. If I can do that, we should be able to knock the rest of it out fairly quickly.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting the fire going again. I hope I have the time this year B4 it gets too hot out to fill the wood shed for next winter. Having the wood and being able to use it are 2 different things. And I don't know that I'll be able to do any wood today. I have Bible study, my doctors' appointments and dinner w/CMA today. Plus hubby wants to find new curtains since I'll be in the area to look. I'm also planning on going in Wally World and Lowes and getting some seeds if they have them. I'm wanting to order stuff soon, and if I can buy it instead, it will be much cheaper. I've made a list of what I need, so that should help. Personally, I don't care if something is a hybrid or not. I'm not saving seeds currently, so it doesn't really matter.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Sunday morning was rough for us trying to get back to the Expo. It was REALLY icy. Glad you were ok!
Bummer on the computer, I hope you get that straight soon. There is nothing like a computer that doesn't really want to work well.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
For now, I'm only get on the computer 1x a day, either in the morning or in the evening, depending on what I have going on. Since I went out last night, I got on in the morning. But, since I'm at home now, I got on this evening.
Last night, we went to a place called the Hibachi Grill for dinner. It's a buffet and it was so good! They've said they'd like to go there again, so maybe come fall, we can, we'll see. Hubby and I didn't look for the curtains yesterday, he was beat. I didn't care. It gave me a chance to work on the wood.
This morning, I started working shortly after I got up. B4 I left for the farm, I had done some dishes, washed and dried a load of towels, practiced the piano, ironed shirts and cleaned the kitchen. Then, I ate a quick breakfast and went to the farm.
Once I had everyone fed, there was nothing that I needed to do. So, I found things to kill time. First thing I did was move a bunch of 2x4s. They were right next to my area. I didn't want them there, and just found out what they're being used for. So I moved them to where they needed to be done. That took just a few minutes. So, I still needed to kill time. So, I worked on cleaning out my truck. I got the front seat all cleaned out and washed some of the windows on the inside. I would have liked to have gotten the outside done, but it was too cold. I could have done more, but decided that was enough. So, I fed Stormy, put out hay, bagged feed and left.
At home, I got the fire going, ate some lunch, then started working on wood. They were calling for snow. So, I wanted to get the wood holder in the basement filled as well as getting some in the shed. And, I was able to do it! It had started to snow by the time I was done, but we didn't get much, only about an inch. So, I'm hoping I can do some more tomorrow. I also took a quick walk in the woods. There's a lot of standing dead not too far in. So, I'm hoping I can get some of that cut in the not too distant future. I'm not sure I have enough wood for the winter after all, but at least I don't have to go far to get it.
And in other news, I'm back on my computer, but it's not quite the same. Hubby managed to get the one running. It doesn't have quite the same set up that I had, and it's slow. He has a ton of stuff on here he said he was going to get rid of, but hasn't. I'm thinking that if I can get another laptop, I can let him have this one.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Slow computers are the worst thing ever!! It drives me nuts to have to work on a slow machine. Hope you get those troubles straightened out quickly.
Glad you've got wood available if you need it. Nothing like having to haul it in from far away!