Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've been behind for years! But, I also closer to being caught up than I have been in years. Maybe by fall....

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I knew someone years ago who said, a man works from sun to sun, but a woman's work is never done. So, why hurry? Problem being, w/certain things (as we all know), if they don't get done in a timely manner, then it's going to be too late in the year.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Problem being, w/certain things (as we all know), if they don't get done in a timely manner, then it's going to be too late in the year.

Like that greenhouse I never got up last fall. I have the foundation just about done. The next few days are supposed to be in the 50's. Hopefully, I can make some headway, but I don't think I will get my plants started in there for my 1st planting. Looks like grow lights in the dining room again.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Depends on when you get it done. You're in a different growing zone than I am, so if you get it done soon, you may be able to. Just make sure you have a way to keep it warm in there!

I got my peppers, eggplants and tomatoes started! Now I'm having trouble waiting for them to come up. I also had some seeds for artichokes, so I'm trying to get them going as well. If I get anything from them, I'll plant them in the flower garden.

Also got some wood split up. I'm hoping I can go in the woods today and get a bunch more. They're calling for rain on Wednesday, so I want to get wood and get the wood holder in the basement filled as well as have a bunch of extra since the weather is going to drop after that.

I'm at the farm now. The brakes on my dad's Blazer need to be worked on. And hubby didn't start to work on them until yesterday afternoon. By the time he realized he needed a part, it was too late for me to go and get it. I had to go to the airport and pick up DD. So, he dropped me off at the farm on his way to work. I've been working on getting my tack shed clean. I have no idea when they're going to be able to move it. At some point in March, hubby and the other guy are going to be working a ton of overtime. So, I may have to wait until that's done. I'm hoping he can do my truck B4 then. I want my truck!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Wahoo for seed starting!! I have no idea what I should be starting now... I'm so new at this! Since the farm isn't going to be running this year like it was last year I'm sort of trying to figure things out on my own. I bought a few packs of seeds over the weekend at TSC, which made me feel good... I guess we'll see what happens...

Denim Deb

Reaction score
You can start eggplant, peppers and tomatoes now. You can also try broccoli, cauliflower, etc., or you can wait a bit longer and just plant them direct. I think you may be in the same zone as I am. Maybe we need to start a thread on that.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Been kind of crazy around here. Hubby got the brakes fixed on the Blazer-or at least he thought he did. I went back out on Monday to feed Stormy and thought I smelled brakes. But, it was faint, so I wasn't sure. I get to the farm on Tuesday, and it was unmistakable. So, I called hubby while I was heading to Bible study. He had me check the brake he had worked on. I could smell it and it was burning hot. So, after Bible study, I went back to the farm and waited for him to get done work. Once he got there, we switched vehicles. I went to the allergist, he went home and worked more on the brakes. I can drive it, but they're still not right. Hopefully he can get it fixed on Saturday. I'm also hoping he can work on my truck. I've taken 8 bales of hay out to the farm. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have any out there.

Today I was all set to work on some dishes, laundry and housework when I suddenly remembered that I had to fix a horse blanket. Licorice ripped Willow's, and it was pretty bad. In fact I think everyone else thought it wasn't repairable. I looked at it, and realized it wasn't bad enough to toss. Only problem being, other than some green duck cloth for fixing Misty's blanket, I didn't have any. And I didn't really want to put green on a pink blanket. I thought I had some pink here, but couldn't find it. In fact, the only thing I could find that I could use was a black sheet I had bought years ago for making something. I don't even recall now what I was going to make. So, I cut a piece off of that and got to work. It isn't on there the greatest, but it's on. They're calling for snow changing to rain tonight into tomorrow, so I put blankets back on the horses. After Sunday, it's supposed to warm up again, so I can probably take them off on Monday. I'm hoping that's the last of the really cold weather.

All the pieces from the roof were piled on top of my posts for my RP, so I got them moved off today, then walked around the farm looking for more posts. I carried the few I found into the corner of the field closest to where I'll be making it. Then, I started working on the posts. They have old staples, nails, etc. in them. So, I started working on cleaning them up, then marking and drilling the holes. I got 4 posts done! I only have 22 more to go, but at least it's a start.

I was going to do woo when I got home, but I was just too beat. I have enough wood to last at least until Saturday. So, I'll go out and get more then.

I have quite a few plants coming up! I just need to do something better for light. W/as warm as it's going to be next week, I should be able to get my garden all cleaned out and ready to go! I'm going to have to clip the wings of my chickens though. They've been flying over the fence into the garden. I don't need them in there when I get stuff planted.