Dreaming...

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
The good agent just phoned us. She has a potential buyer for us and in her words, they are "very likely". Apparently this place is exactly what they are looking for, the size, close proximity to town, everything. Only downside is, they can only come down to view it on the 28th, so about 2 weeks of torture left for us…
fl.gif

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OMG.... don't you just hate waiting and not knowing? But, it sounds like they might be "the ones".

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good luck with this couple! I hope they love it, gotta have it!
:fl

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I feel optimistic about this one. That agent never, not once, got our hopes up even when the buyers looked promising. She's a total realist, so for her to say something like "they are very likely" and she just wanted to show us "a light at the end of the tunnel" says a lot. This is going to be a long, long 16-day wait, but there is hope :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Glad to hear that.

I found the place I asked about. Land looks nice. Location looks good. But, it has high tension wires thru it. They scare me, and I don't want to have to worry about the electric company having a right of way.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sumi, I really feel like your time has come. I pray when I am driving. It is good quiet time to collect thoughts and you have been on my mind. I have said prayers on your behalf and I truly believe that your time is coming and coming soon.

What an adventure you will embark on! Moving for me is 160 miles, in the same state. Moving for you will be half way around the world! This will happen for you.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@baymule I have no words :hugs But I do have a promising update. I chatted with our tenant this morning. His wife has been busy filling in paperwork and applying for a loan through her job. They have their hearts set on buying our farm and is doing their best to come up with the money. One of their sons has a very good job and they have been talking to him about helping as well… He's coming down here tomorrow/day after for a visit. So we should hopefully hear something good soon :fl I feel things are coming :)

Moving on, literally, I have earmarked a rather large spot where I'm hoping to find a suitable property to buy:

map-of-the-midwest-of-ireland.jpg

We lived near Bantry (south-west coast) previously, so I know this area on the map very well. Now, if you look at the west, Killarney (my favourite Irish city) and on the east, Cork city, they are only 55 miles apart. Ireland is tiny! I'm hoping to find a place between those two cities, Inchigeelagh, Kenmare, up to Mallow, Kanturk, possibly near Bandon, though that city is sadly quite awful…

I have found a very nice little 3 acre farm near Inchigeelagh, a rough fix upper on 4 acres near Killarney, a dog rough fix upper on 9 acres near Kanturk… So they are out there. I also found another agent near Mallow that seems to focus on the cheapies, the ones in my price range. I'm looking forward to going property shopping :)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Next you will have to start another thread to chronicle your adventures of buying a fixer upper in Ireland!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Baymule, yes, I'm going to :)

@Denim Deb As far as I'm aware power companies like to clear the areas around their wires once a year or so, depending… It's a pity though. What are you thinking?