Dreaming...

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Girl, take the first one with the money. Hurt feelings won't pay your way to Ireland. Get the money and GO!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Today's visit was just a formality, our buyers are ready to proceed with the sale!

8 Months, 3 weeks, countless views, too many let-downs and false alarms later. It's over! It's done
smile.png

It hasn't sunk in yet LOL

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:celebrate:ya:clap:weee:woot:celebrate:ya:clap:weee:woot:celebrate:ya:clap:weee
haven't had a computer for the last 5 weeks and the day i get back on line and the first thing i did was check on you @sumi. i can't tell you how happy i am for you!!! it finally sold! Praise the Lord!! now sign the papers, grab the $$$ and pack your bags! have you heard from the Ireland realtor on any more places? i know it will all fall together for you now.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Praise God and thank you Sweet Jesus! I am so happy for you! You will be in a whirlwind of busy, just stay in touch!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Thanks :hugs I'm very happy and exited, as you can imagine!

We signed the sale agreement today and got the ball rolling. The agent said it should all be sorted out quickly, only a few weeks, so we'll have to start looking for a rental for MIL and for in the meantime soon. She spoke to the tenants this morning and discovered they've been lying to us all along. They never applied for the full amount needed to buy our place, they are borrowing about 3/4 only and have no idea how they were going to come up with the rest! She is looking to see if she can find something cheaper for them to buy/rent now.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Follow up on the above: Since we got the offer last week we've been putting off telling the tenants, since they told us they have a home loan in place and are just waiting for the money to be transferred… Well, they did. But not to buy our place as they've been telling us! They were after a cheaper property all this time and were basically stringing us along, so they can stay here while they are waiting for the loan to come through for them. We also learned this morning that they are getting the money tomorrow, not next month, as they told us...

So when we told them the "bad news" today, that we sold to the other buyers and they have to move, they told us they are getting ready to move into this other house! And here I've been feeling bad, because we left them in the dark about the new developments!

I'm honestly so relieved we did have genuine buyers lined up, I'm not even slightly mad at them for lying to us all the time. To be honest I'm more amused than anything. Things just somehow, with the timing, worked out beautifully? They are moving out when we need them to vacate, our buyers are happy, we're happy and they are sorted
smile.png

The buyers said as soon as they and MIL's gardener are off the farm we can get our money, so I politely told the tenants they need to scoot asap. They said they will move out within a month and we have a possible housing alternative for the gardener, that the agent is following up on tomorrow.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
God takes care of things for you. It all works out. I am so happy for you! Y

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
We're impatiently waiting for the sale to close and the tenants to go away now... Unfortunately their little scheme backfired and their sale fell through. (Karma?) We got our fantastic agent on board to help and she found them a place to buy and is now trying to find out if they can rent the house while they wait for loan approvals etc, etc. :fl In the meantime I'm watching property prices drop still and wonderful projects like this one come up:

http://www.daft.ie/sales/tulligoline-templeglantine-limerick/1039029/

This place has buckets full of potential and that is a wonderful price. I'd knock that mess of an add-on at the back down to 1/4 wall height and put up a conservatory… Fit a kitchen, knock that plaster off, back to the stone walls…