Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's crazy how such delicious, wonderful foods are high in potassium. We had a "healthy" dinner of salmon the other day. Salmon has over 700mg of potassium. A low potassium diet (according to Dr. Google) is 2 - 3000mg of potassium. Normal values are 3.6 - 5.2. His level was 5.4. A level of 6 needs immediate attention.

It'll be interesting to see if our attention to potassium levels is enough.

Rain starting - kinda on and off right now. We could use a little. Definitely don't want to get into an excessive rain pattern. We need enough to grow hay and not too much so they can actually cut/bale it! Hoping for a 1st cutting by mid May-ish.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Has the Dr said anything about his insulin levels and the potassium levels? I'm sure you gorging yourself with dietary adjustments. 🥴. Lots of water can flush some out in urine....fun for sure 🙄

Any chance you had a high K meal just before the blood draw???? Bringing it up?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Insulin levels were adjusted last week. Success for daytime - giant fail for nighttime even though the amounts were lowered. Need more fine tuning.

Potassium levels are likely affected by the diuretics and possible kidney challenges. More investigation and medication is probably in the future.

Big storm overnight. Lotsa flashes and booms. Rainfall at 1.15 for now, more rain in the forecast. Waiting for daylight to assess any damage. Hope we escaped most.

Need to sell goats!! Put the babies on a medicated feed in their creep area. I like using Toltrazuril for coccidia prevention, but this is a stopgap for now.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Basically it sounds like your DH is on the diet, If it tastes good, spit it out. . ☹️

Pouring and storming here. Waiting on daylight so I can go check sheep and dogs. My little temporary shelters are no match for a deluge like this.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Beautiful couple of days lately. Trying to spend as much time outside as I can before it gets crazy hot. Got a few more seeds in the ground today. Yay for that. Definitely not going to have a big garden this summer... but, there's always fall. I planted some okra and some melons today. Might stick some pepper seeds in a pot and see if the magic happens. DH loves him some peppers! I've been roasting jalapenos several times a week. They're so good!

Cardiologist appt. went ok. He's trying to get DH off some meds that he thinks are too much. His former cardiologist believed in meds - maybe too much. This new guy wants DH on as few meds as possible as long as he's doing ok. I like that.

Blood work came back better in most areas this time.

I'm trying to move some goats and its beginning to look like nobody is buying. My prices are competive so I'm not sure what the delay is about. I neeeeeeeeed to sell some of these goats! Babies are cute for sure - but then they grow up and they're not so cute and they eat and eat and eat.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How's the pond and fish situation? Did water finally go down to manageable levels?

I've been feeding the fish almost every day now. I don't see tons of action, but I see some of them come up to feed. I think the pond has decided it wants to be bigger than I originally thought it would be, lol. It'll be interesting to see how much it drops if/when we have drier weather.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hole crap! I always knew I didn't really like golf. Now I'm 100% certain I don't like golf or anything associated with it!

Drove 2.5 HOURS to watch my DGD play in a golf tournament today. Caught up with her team after walking a couple of miles in the wrong direction. Found her and walked another 5 miles watching her play. I do NOT understand the draw to this game. I just don't.

Going to bed...my feet don't like me very much right now.

Last edited: