Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Only accomplished about half of what I had planned to do yesterday. Don't even feel guilty about it. I'll get back to it today. A lot of what I do will be outside again. Still have some goat shuffling to do. I've got a pair of babies going mid-month. They need to be weaned and the little guy needs to be banded. Yay - two less mouths to feed.

We've been lucky not to have gotten all the rain that has inundated other areas. Still squishy though from previous rain. Hope the sun will come out and dry things up a bit. Not going to complain about the moisture because the hay fields need to grow. After that they need to be dry enough to cut! I'm on my next to last bale and starting to get a little nervous!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Walked into the house yesterday after feeding and found DH on the floor. No great damage...abrasion on his arm and a bruised ego. Can't turn my back on him a minute...sigh. He has a walker - do you think he was using it? He has a cane (actually 2) but do you think he was using either of them? I know he very much wants not to NEED to use an assistive device, but he very much needs to.

Counted baby goats today. Shouldn't oughta have done that, lol. I have 21 live babies. I've sold two. One death after a couple weeks, one still birth and one mid-term abortion. I've lost adult goats this year too. Lost my old buck. Euthanized a doe after a difficult birth (the still birth) and found one doe dead - just dead. No idea why. Have also sold two adult does. Numbers go down, numbers go up...

I've got one full round bale and one partial left. Hay guy says he will cut in June, weather permitting. I might barely make it. I'm hand feeding it to try and make sure.

Going to meet my older brother and sis in law for lunch tomorrow - weather permitting. Haven't seen them in a couple of years even though they're only an hour away. Looking forward to seeing them.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i hope you have a great time with your brother and SIL and a break away for a few hours. i read all that you do and am constantly amazed.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
i hope you have a great time with your brother and SIL and a break away for a few hours. i read all that you do and am constantly amazed.
Thanks!

I can understand your DH wanting to walk like anyone else, but at the same time I agree with you. He needs the walker.
Truth be known, he was walking just fine without it while he was getting PT. The minute they stopped coming he stopped trying. I'm not going to air a whole lot of dirty laundry, but we had a tough talk last night and again this morning. Several key words....selfish, lazy, exhausted and overwhelmed. A few tears were shed. That's all I'm saying... :confused:

Mostly have the breezeway re-do done. It's been an almost two-week project. 'Course I haven't worked on it 8 hours a day, but at least 3 - 4 every day along with all the regular demands of life on the farm.

Listed a doe today. Hope someone will decide that she needs a new home, lol. Selling this year is hit or miss. Supposed to have a guy coming out Saturday. He and his brother are looking for cabrito. I've got some on the hoof. I also have two myo babies spoken for that will go mid-month. It's not hopeless, lol.

Ridiculous heat index today. Not even June and hot already miserable. First two shower day of the year today.

Last edited: