Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
HA! You oughta be wearing my boots, lol!

Mother in law will be here Saturday, so I am officially only feeding the critters tonight - no extra chores. Let me rephrase that - no extra outside chores. Gotta get the adult guest room cleaned up and the kiddo guest room cleaned up too. Not that dirty cuz no one even goes in 'em until we have company.....BUT...still gotta vacuum...dust...and change the sheets on the beds...in both rooms. I've got a wedding to go to tomorrow night - yep on a Thursday...what's up with that, lol? Anyway - takes an evening out of the cleaning rotation.

Gotta get some actual food for 'em to eat too. We have zero carbs in this house and guess what? A lot of folks eat a few carbs here and there. Bread, crackers....what's wrong with these things? Who knows... I barely remember what they taste like. Our faux sandwiches are usually something like a lettuce wrap or some coconut flour/almond flour/flax seed bread substitute. Now - don't get me wrong - I actually enjoy weird food. But just not all the time. When you pull that out of the pantry people look at you like you're weird, lol! Oh well... At least the horses in Canada will thank me for being carb free.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I don't eat many carbs, but still eat some. I've never been a big bread eater, probably because I don't really like sandwiches that much. I'll eat them, but I much prefer leftovers for lunch or soup-unless it's really, really hot out!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No, I haven't even heard of it until you mentioned it. I googled it and I think I will definitely have to give it a try. Thanks!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'll have to look it up since I've never heard of it.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:lol: @ FJ Laffy Taffy is priceless!

Today is the official house "make ready" day. Went to a wedding last night and didn't get home until kinda late. It's a good thing I took an extra long lunch and came home to do feeding chores before the wedding.

Have the upstairs guest beds stripped and ready for fresh sheets. I'll run the vac in there, just for fun. Not really dirty, but I want the rooms fresh since they stay closed for so long. In fact, they stayed closed up for so long that I found a dirt dauber nest on the inside of the window yesterday. How did that happen???

Anyway I won't bore ya'll with the details, but by this afternoon this entire place will be spiffy! If I get a chance I'll mow the front - but we've had some pretty significant rain and I'm not sure if it's too wet. I need to go walk the yard and see if I sink, lol. Eighty percent chance of more wet stuff today so if I'm gonna get it done it'll have to be first thing this morning...ugh. Guess I could have coffee on the mower - it does have a cup holder!

Gonna give it a go before the next round of wetness.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Company has come and gone....whew! M-I-L and niece, along with DH, have gone to another family function. I've been a little puny since Friday so I elected to stay home and rest before work tomorrow. Musta picked up a 'bug' somewhere last week, and it kicked my booty - but I'm feeling a little more perky after a good night's sleep and another nap this morning. Sleep - it's good for what ails ya.

I have one last baby to be disbudded and I'll probably take care of that this evening after it cools off some. No more babies due - that I know of. I did have a buck escape a while back, so I'm keeping an eye out on the girls.

Another broody hen hatched a couple babies, so my flock groweth, lol. I hope that's all. I don't need any more mouths to feed....ugh!

Speakin' of chickens - there's a home grown chicken submerged in brine that I need to roast at some point today. Guess I ought to get that started cuz it's a BIG chicken (think small turkey) and it's gonna need several hours in da oven.

Oops - I feel another nap comin' on...

Happy Sunday ya'll!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Hope you're feeling OK in the morning for work.