Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's a little chilly at night time and early morn, warn her that the cold as well is circulating so she'll probably want to bring some vitaman c supplements!

Hope it won't be too hard for him, I've never milked anything before but it kinda looks intimidating slightly.

Oh! Oh no!! ;_; that's sad to hear- I'll definatly keep them in my prayers and I hope everything will be ok (or at least as OK as it can be)!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
So sad! Healing thoughts for the family.
I hope the goats are easy on DH! It's intimidating to deal with animals when you aren't used to them.
Safe travels!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks ya'll, service is tomorrow and they're releasing any kid from school that wants to attend. It promises to be standing room only. Friday night is "Senior Night" at our high school and there will be a special tribute. He was a valued member of the football team and just an all around great kid.

DH is gonna handle it - one way or another...just not sure how well he'll handle it, lol. But, pretty sure bet they won't die just because I'm gone a couple days. I'll be going out early in the morning and topping off all the feeders and putting out all the hay that the racks will hold before I leave. All the critters have auto-waterers so I think all will be well.

Last edited:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about this young man. I"ll be praying for the family.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
so sad for your friend. prayers for comfort and peace.
did the rib belt help DH? i hope for his sake that the goatie girls are good while you're gone. enjoy your visit and have fun with the grand babies

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks ya'll. The service was SRO and so sad....

I got home last night from my DD's. I drove in last night and skipped work today. Felt like caca this morning, but felt much better by early afternoon so I got a bit of work done. I'm about to move my bucks around. My 'big' garden spot is about to be repurposed into buck pens.

Had a blast with the kiddos, but got some bad news this evening from DD. My granddaughter got hit in the head with a basketball at daycare today. It knocked her down and she hit the back of her head on the floor. DD texted me a picture of granddaughter's eyes and one pupil is much larger than the other. That can be a sign of a brain injury so she is now on the way to the ER to get her checked out. I'm waiting on pins and needles for some info so I'll know whether to jump back in the truck and head north. Prayers/positive energy will be appreciated.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Sounds like a concussion. Hope and pray she's OK.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
agree with DenimDeb, sounds like a concussion. prayers on their way up. let us know how things go.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Unfreakingbelievable! ER sent her home last night and told DD to 'watch' her. Follow-up with pediatrician this morning who was mortified at the ER. Pediatrician ordered an MRI for today at 2pm.

Latest posts