Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm just catching up on your journal so glad granddaughter is doing better! and am so sorry about Bo. 12 is old for a rooster, poor guy. and you've probably traumatized poor dusty, he's gonna run every time he sees something small and stinky coming towards him. glad red was there to make it better.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It's going to be rainy here tomorrow, and super cold on Tuesday and Wednesday, so I'll be concentrating on the house as well.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks, goatgurl! Bo had a great life...he was head roo around here for more than a decade. A true gentleman to the end.

Deb, I didn't get nearly as much done today as I wanted to. I'm not sure what's going on with the family karma around here, but spent most of the day in the ER with my son. Went to the small-town 'doc in the box' first - they did a CT scan and said he had a 'colon' issue. I asked questions and all they would say is a colon issue... no details so my head went to some really bad places...

They transferred him by ambulance to a small regional hospital(which I hate) and of course got a totally different diagnosis. (same hospital DH was at that screwed up some of his issues too) I pointed out to the doc who was cutting us loose with just antibiotics that one of the docs today was wrong... and that I hoped it wasn't him.

Whew... I'm tired, sleepy, pi$$ed, upset, and oh so sorry for my tender-hearted big ol son, who is still in major pain.

I don't want to see another hospital or ER for a very long time...

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ok, so bad stuff always comes in threes so 'they' say. i think you've had your three . hope things will calm down now and hope your son gets to feeling better soon.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Hope your son is OK. If the pain continues, find another doctor!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks ya'll. Yep goatgurl - we've certainly had our three.... this stuff needs to end right here and now!

My poor critters...DH did as much feeding as he could yesterday and he even tried to milk Chanel...but she's not too fond of him and the hand-held vacuum milker. It's the only way he can even try to milk with his broken hand, so she's just gotta put up with it. She much prefers hand milking though and half the time I forget to even close the stanchion on her head because she's so well-behaved. Not so much for him though!

It's a cold, windy, damp day here and I'm really missing the sunshine. Going to be colder tomorrow morning...in the high 20's. It's ONLY NOVEMBER - where is this coming from? In our area of Texas we don't usually have 4 seasons... Usually only hot season and mosquito season...that's about it, lol. But last year we had a harsh winter and 4 full distinct seasons. Maybe that's the start of a trend. Who knows...

It's Monday ... gotta get to work!

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
if this cold, wind and wet last till march I'm going to go nuts. my usual barn attire is a long sleeved shirt a hat and vest but now i have to bundle up. if this our new "normal" I'm not sure how I'm gonna deal with this. one day at a time i guess

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
It was 19 when I got up just after 7, and the "feels like " on my phone said 9. :hide
I don't want to go out there!
Hope your son is ok!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm w/you on not wanting to go out there! According to TWC, it's 20*! And, they're not giving a wind chill.

How is your son doing today?