Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Glad to hear he's doing better. And, I don't know that I want to read about anyone playing in their garden now. It's snowing here. :(

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Another busy day! Didn't accomplish quite as much outside as I did yesterday - but I made up for it by doing some inside chores.

Next week is officially going to be one of the suckiest weeks of my life - and I'm trying to get prepared.

Monday morning my mom is having a large cancerous growth removed from her head. My brother is taking her to the surgical center and I'm going to their house to sit with my dad. While I'm there I'll cook up a few freezer meals for them. I'll stay the night Monday night and leave mid-day Tuesday.

From there I will meet my DH at the cardiologist office for his Echocardiogram in preparation for a heart catheterization procedure that he will have on Wednesday. If the heart cath shows no blockages we'll say a big ol' thank-you prayer and head home. But - that's unlikely.

He's been having some shortness of breath and chest pain episodes for several weeks now. One problem is that the slipped rib he has from his car wreck can mimic cardiac pain. But - I just don't think it will be that easy. He had a stent placed in his RCA in 2006...and the doc then noted that he had the beginnings of other blockages. UGH! And then I find a cigar in his pocket and a pack of them in his car. He swears he "only" chews on them - that he doesn't light and smoke. But whatever! Nicotine is still being introduced to his body and I can't think of a more STUPID move. OMG... I love my DH completely but I told him that if I ever find him self-sabotaging his health again that we are over - done - finished. I've been doing all I can do to keep him alive for the past 15 years now and I refuse to watch him damage his health by making a stupid choice like that. Ok....mini-rant over.

Back to regularly scheduled post now... IF (and they probably will) have to place stent(s) he/we will be spending the night in the hospital Wednesday. However, the cardiologist has started preparing us that if there are many blockages that we will be looking at open heart surgery and multiple by-passes.... I refuse to believe that will happen. I don't think I've ever prayed so much in my life.

And, then on Friday my mom will be having more surgery. She will need a skin graft to cover the wound on her head from the cancer surgery. Originally I was going to take her to that procedure and I may still have to...kinda depends on what happens with DH. My brother's son is having surgery (minor and outpatient) that morning too so he'd like to be with him.

Can my life get any more hectic and crazy? Just very thankful that I don't have any mama goats due next week.

My sick leave at work is disappearing rapidly. And - none of the time I've taken is for me! I'm very thankful that I'm strong and healthy. And that I've got a very understanding boss.

If ya'll have any spare prayers laying around I'd appreciate a few.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
You do have a full plate! Prayers that everything will turn out OK.

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Your in my thoughts and prayer this week! -hug- it's a heckteck plateful but you can do this!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Again, thanks so much for the well-wishes and prayers. Mom's 1st surgery went well. DH's cardiac cath procedure wasn't so good. We had hoped he'd have the procedure, maybe get a stent or two and life would go on. That was not to be. We're looking at open heart surgery at this point. He has at least 3 arteries that are 95% blocked, one that's 100% blocked and a couple others at 40%. Bypass surgery is in our very near future.... :(

Last edited: