Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Wonderful! That's fantastic! I hope he keeps up the strong healing trend!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
God is great and prayers are answered!

DH was discharged from the hospital Friday! It's amazing - he was out in a mere 3 DAYS! The doc, all the nurses and all the therapists say that to be released 3 days post-op after a triple bypass is pretty darn rare!

All in all he's doing well, but seems to have picked up a UTI from being catheterized. They put him on an antibiotic yesterday and he's feeling better already.

And, a mere two hours after we arrived home Spooky delivered two baby does. Unfortunately, one didn't make it. Not sure what happened or why, but the baby just never warmed up despite being brought inside and pampered all evening. She died over night and had a bloody discharge from her vagina. I think at some point, she might have been stepped on... poor baby.

Sparkle is due soon. She'll be at 145 days tomorrow, so I expect she'll go anytime next week. Splash will follow her in another week or so. The only one left after that will be Red and she won't kid until early April.

It's been rainy and drizzly all day and is supposed to stay that way for several days - yuck. But even rainy nasty weather can't get us down these days! We're just happy to be back home and hoping for life as normal very shortly!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
So thrilled that everything has gone so smoothly for you! Yall deserve a break!
Bummer on the baby, glad you were home though!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yay for your DH! The hospital is the worst place for people to stay-- too many other things to catch etc.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks! I absolutely agree on that! AND... I forgot to mention that his by-pass surgery was totally done without stopping his heart! He did not go on the heart/lung machine and his heart was beating the entire time. Amazing stuff!

Sparkle is getting closer to delivering...I can still barely feel her ligaments though, so it might still be a day or so.

However, Spooky who delivered Friday, still had palpable ligaments less than an hour before delivery. She also did NOT have an udder 24 hours before delivery...she is an enigma, lol. Thankfully, she's my only doe that speeds through the levels of pre-labor.

For whatever reason I needed to plant something today. It's a rainy, dark, drizzly day and I still needed to get something in the ground. So, I found some pea seeds and cleared a little spot for them along a fence line and stuck 'em in the dirt. :fl Time will tell...

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Its crazy the way spring fever takes us. Its raining, dark and muddy out, but I can't tell you how much I want to load more eggs in the bator, so I get it.
I hate watching nurses catheterize patients, because the last few times I witnessed it, it wasn't done properly. Once at work and once in the ER. You'd think they'd be on their best behavior with another nurse watching :/ Sorry DH got sick.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A friend of mine, (she has a very quick wit) was accidentally run over by a tractor. She was in the ER and the nurse was trying to get the catheter in and not succeeding. Finally, my friend felt it sliding in and said "Urethra! You found it!"

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks Rhoda, and you are so right! Sometimes the nurses are a bit slack in their procedures. It helps that DH is a nurse because most nurses want to take really good care of another nurse.

A few years ago he was hospitalized for being in Diabetes Keto-Acidosis, aka DKA. A so-called respiratory therapist came in to get an arterial blood gas and he was absolutely horrible at his job. He tried and tried to find an artery, finally taking off his gloves and rubbing his bare fingers on DH's arm, sliding the needle under his fingers laying it back down on the tray when he missed only to pick it up and try again. Thankfully DH was out. After standing there with my mouth hanging open at his lack of sterile procedures - I came unglued on the guy. I told him to STOP using that needle. This dope picked it up again and said...."it's ok - it's still sharp" :thI wasn't worried about the needle being sharp - I was worried about it being dirty! Thankfully, his room was right across from the nurses station and I told them in no uncertain terms that they'd better get him out of there or I was going to remove him myself. CRAZY! I know that most medical personnel try their best, but sometimes you get one that just doesn't cut it.

Having said that - we had the best nurses EVER during DH's surgery this time. We are writing a letter to our ICU nurse's boss about just how wonderful she was. She stayed by his side for hours and hours and made the whole stay bearable. I think I'm in love with her, lol! I took her a couple dozen fresh eggs when she told me her kids love brown eggs.

Britesea - I laughed so hard when I read that - and even DH laughed too. He wishes he didn't - because it hurts!