Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Reminds me of Sandy. The storm didn't follow the path that was expected and we were basically missed. It went well north of us. That's the problems w/hurricanes-you can never tell for sure where they're going to go, just where they've been.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And that's the truth! Back to life as normal this morning... still rainy and even a little windy...but very sporadic.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Still having off and on rain, but it's tapering off. All in all, not nearly as bad as it could have been.

Nothing new on the home front. The baby goats are growing and a hen hatched out a few chicks. Is there anything cuter than baby chicks following their mama around? Unless it's baby goats bouncing around on rubber band legs, lol.

I'm getting a few squash every now and then, but the peppers are about to drown us. We've got jalapenos and habaneros and several other varieties. But, I forgot to plant any bell peppers - what was I thinking? Maybe I can get a few going before it gets too late.

Had my first physical therapy session today for my shoulder. How many ways can the therapist tell you that there's something wrong with you, lol. OMG! Besides the shoulder, my neck is stiff also, my range of motion sucks, and my posture isn't the greatest since the shoulder pain started. He thinks I'm just a big ol' ball of inflammation. I concur. But, I can be fixed - yippee! Or at least see improvement in my range of motion. Twice a week for awhile until I learn all the exercises and then I can progress on my own.

I'm tired tonight so about to head to bed. G'nite all...

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Moving that shoulder even w/pain is very important. The only reason I have full range of motion in my left shoulder is because I did. I finally had to have it operated on and was told if I hadn't kept on using the arm, I wouldn't have recovered as well as I did.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Honestly, I've never stopped using it. When I told him that I unloaded 13 50lb bags of feed over the weekend he just shook his head at me. He said it was obvious by my muscle tone that I'm very strong - but he also told me that I'm very 'unbalanced' which is probably causing a lot of my issues. Gonna tackle P/T with a vengeance and get this resolved! :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ugh - I was a lazy slug today. Did the 'normal' stuff and mowed - but feel like I didn't do enough. What else is new?

We're going to get up in the morning and take Gracie to the track at the college for a walk. Then we'll go to Tractor Supply and Pet Smart with her. She needs more socialization.

DH takes her for the occasional walk on our road, but it hasn't been going well lately. She's over-reacting to things like dogs, music and cars.... and she growled when one of the neighbors came out to meet her. I'm totally grateful for DH taking her for walks, but he's not a 'natural' with animals and he's a little overwhelmed by her behavior. In order for her to understand what she's doing wrong the correction MUST be swift and sure. I asked him what he did when she growled and he said that he corrected her but then told her that 'it's ok, don't growl'...OMG!! He tries, bless his heart.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Your way to do PT sounds like mine-I attack it cuz I want to get it over and done with! I've scared the therapist B4.

We all need those lazy slug days at times. Gives us a chance to recuperate a bit.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
True! After getting more of the story it seems that the neighbors cat was right on scene also...just as likely she growled at the cat as at the neighbor. :idunno

So, today we went to the track at the college. She was a little nervous having dogs and people and cars all around her, but she only let it really get to her once when she spun around on the leash. We kept moving forward until she calmed herself and only then did I let her stop and relax. I'm a Cesar Milan fan when it comes to 'the walk'. Moving forward keeps her from getting the chance to have an all out tantrum, lol. After that chance to collet herself she proceeded with much more focus. It was a good walk and we really need to do it more often.

After the walk we went to Tractor Supply. She was a total champ there. She had the chance to meet a really nice guy who understood what we were doing and helped out. He approached her quietly, put his hand out for her to sniff, then proceeded to pet her with no problems whatsoever. She was so good! When he approached her she sat right down in front of him and just enjoyed his attention. Came home and she went straight down for a nap, lol. Just like a toddler who had a busy morning.

DH and I went back out and ran some errands. I picked up a pot roast that I'm about to put in the slow cooker. I'll take it down to my folks tomorrow when we visit. I really don't want to try to go out for Father's day lunch - I'd rather just take a nice meal to them. Dad is limited in his ability to get around very well these days so waiting for seating at an overcrowded restaurant is just too hard on him. He loves a good pot roast with a pan of corn bread just as much as anything else - so that's what we'll do. And - strawberry shortcakes for dessert!

I'd better get busy since I've been out all morning and will be out most of the day tomorrow too.

Latest posts