Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
She was just making sure you loved her B4 she let her true colors show.

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sound like she could be taking lessons from my lollypup. Every time I start bragging about how good she is at not running out the front door when its opened or not going to the bathroom in the house/whatnot she turns around and does it :(

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Todays focus has changed. The weather gurus are saying we might get some tropical moisture. What the heck does that mean, lol? Are we getting a storm(?) a depression(?) or just a lot of rain? We'll be keeping a definite eye on the weather reports. "They" said we could get up to a foot (or more) in certain areas - hope I'm not in one of those areas...

We got the generator out and actually got it going. We usually call DS to come help us, but we did it allllll by ourselves, lol. After that, I took all of our stored water containers and emptied 'em out, bleached the containers, and filled 'em back up. We only need drinking/cooking water for ourselves because if we get rain of any amount the critters don't have to worry about finding water. They have a pond and plenty of standing water. It always drives me crazy when they drink the ground water - ugh - but I sure can't stop 'em.

Keeping fingers crossed that most of the worst of it goes around us. :fl :fl :fl

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I don't know how many times I've given my chickens fresh water only to see them drinking out of a puddle! At least the horses don't do that.

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Every critter I've owned loves to drink from puddles, I really don't get it :hu must taste better or something. My ducks also eat whatever they find in puddles, not always a good thing

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
All of my animals do it...goats...horses...chickens...dogs...and especially the geese...GRRRR!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The Chinese revere the duck because you can let her out in the morning and she will go her merry way and come home in the evening well fed.... just don't ask on what!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe that's why I don't have ducks! :)

Home today because of Tropical Storm Bill, which has been a non-event so far. "They" keep saying that it's going to get worse before it gets better and that the heavy rain will last through tomorrow. I just hope it gets me another day off, lol!

A couple of the teenagers who occasionally work for me called last night and wanted to work today.:idunno I told 'em I don't think it is a good time. Maybe we coulda/shoulda because so far, while it's wet, it's fairly gentle rain and not too much wind. It might actually be preferable to working in the heat! But... I think I'd rather do nothing much of anything today, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The tropical storm that wasn't! I'm fairly sure that somebody, somewhere felt an effect from TS Bill.... but we didn't. We had a free day off of work and everything which was nice.

Allllll day long the newscasters were talking about what was coming. They seriously pre-empted an entire day of programming for coverage.

By the end of the day it was almost like they were trying to vindicate themselves. It's gonna happen. It's gonna rain. It's gonna blow. They're still doing/saying it. It's gonna be a 2 day event - tomorrow is the big day... blah...blah.

The problem is the boy who cried wolf. Folks aren't going to take the warnings seriously the next time. I've been on the coast long enough to know better - but this particular storm was a no-show and it is going to be a big problem next time when it's really real.

Ok - 'nuff said.

Latest posts