Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes, TX does have unemployment but....

We can't file unemployment because he agreed not to in lieu of his acceptance of the offered severance package...and it's ok because the severance package was larger than what he would be able to collect from unemployment for more than 6 months. So, it's all good.

When I'm working with the goats and I want Gracie to stay back, I put her in a down/stay and she does it perfectly...DH needs to learn to do that too. It's a learning experience for everybody! But, you're right that it might be best if he locks her out of the livestock pens when he's in there.

Yep - the last time he was between jobs he fell off of a ladder! I told you he was clumsy! I don't let him on ladders anymore either. I've been working hard to keep this man alive for 15 years! Between his health issues , car wrecks and farm accidents he shoulda been dead a hundred times by now - eeek!

Now... if I could just get him to sell his motorcycle..... ;)

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
poor dh, hope he didn't break anything. hope your Thanksgiving is drama free. I'm not sure mine will be but it is what it is.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hope it goes well for you goatgurl. I just talked to my mom and we will follow through with taking a simple meal and sharing a few hours with them. She's excited and that makes me happy.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
All is good!! Great plan, folks happy, Friday left for balance of holiday. There comes a time when we just have to "plan, do and hope for the best".....if you are like me, you'd just as soon have a slow day at the barn, a small meal, a glass of wine & soak in the hot tub! LOL, I sure miss my hot tub!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You're right about that MH. A few years ago, for whatever reason that I can't remember... DH and I had Thanksgiving all to ourselves. We had stuffed quail in lieu of turkey, rented movies and had a quiet, simple day. I probably loved it a little too much, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm so excited! I'm off! Off, off, off and don't go back to work until the Monday after Thanksgiving! :weee

DH had an interview yesterday and they've called him back for another interview on Monday. Sounds promising.

Ok, so, in light of having an unemployed husband, am I crazy to go looking at goats tomorrow? I found the best deal on some absolutely awesome Nigerian Dwarf goats. I'm only going for the buck, but if they'll throw in a doe for a good price I'll do that too. I love my Kinders, and even though they milk well they don't have the best udders in the world. Actually, their udders kinda stink. So, I want to throw another breed into the mix.. and it makes sense for that other breed to be a Nigi buck that is bred for udders. These are National quality goats. In fact, the maternal sister to the buck I'm looking at won BEST UDDER in her breed at the 2011 ADGA National show! Nice, nice, nice quality animals. These folks have been showing for 11 years but they are making a cross country move and aren't taking their animals with them. Their loss - someone else's gain. Maybe mine. And, I'll sell a few of my present goats to replace the dinero I'm spending on these guys. So, it works.

Not much else going on. I need to make out my T-day shopping list and get on that Monday. Then I'll do some cooking ahead of time so it doesn't hit me all at once. It'll be fun!

I need to plant a few more broccoli plants and that'll probably be "it" for the fall gardening. However, I still have some rye grass seeds I'd like to toss out in some bare areas. I love rye - it looks so pretty and green, lol. And, green in the winter is a good thing.

Need to go find food.

Happy Saturday, ya'll!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Me, too!! I worked today but, no more until Monday after T-day. A whole week off!!!!!! Good timing as I am trying to finish my fence mending now and any location changes for animals to get them acclimated before winter really hits.

Plus need to get the solar surrounds made for a couple troughs.

Hey, kidding will start in a couple of months!! YES -- it is end of November, already:eek:

Hope you get the buck you are thinking about and if you get a doe, she needs to be bred already. Hey....just saying :) Of course, we will need pics.

How's that raging squash doing??

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woo hoo! A whole week off is so cool, huh? I don't know where November went... dang! And for that matter, where did Sept and October go too? Ya really know you're getting older when the years just fly by... and they've been doing that for awhile now.

Oh my goodness, the squash gets bigger by the minute! I'm just hoping it holds out through this cool snap. DH wants to pull down the fence it's growing on - but I won't let him! Dang it - that squash is gonna get its chance to finish. :fl

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
You're not crazy. I'd probably do the same thing.