Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So, I've been informed I was wrong... He learned to ride a bike at a friends house about a week ago. He was so proud!

So, today we played in the mud, not exactly voluntarily either. DGS was in a puddle. DGD was told to stay out of that puddle because it was too deep for her boots. What was the first thing she did when I turned my back? You guessed it - AND - to add insult to injury she got a boot stuck, grabbed her brother and pulled HIM over in the mud. He was sooo upset - thought he would be in trouble because his boots were now full of muddy water and he was totally soaked with mud and poo water! It was almost funny.... almost! :lol:

Got his boots rinsed out and hung upside down on a couple t-posts and they dried in a couple hours. It was over 80 degrees today. Little darlings helped me clean the winter weeds out of some big tubs. We then transplanted a bunch of tomato plants. DH came out and helped clean up a few areas and burn some branches and yard debris while I mulched the garden area. Hopefully get some more stuff in the ground tomorrow.

Came inside for a few hours, had lunch, watched a movie and then went and did my very least chore EVER on the farm. I disbudded the 4 babies. UGH! I hate, hate, hate it. But, at least it's done.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Yay for fun with the Grandkiddos! You've got lots of kids to have fun with now! At least some of them will listen when you yell at them sometimes :p
What an adorable baby! Bummer that you lost one, but I'm really glad that the others are hanging in there! Yay for spring progress!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Maybe next time you need to show them the puddle and tell them since it's all full of muddy, poopy water it would be fun to play in it. Reverse psychology. :plbb

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No matter how great it sounded ...ugh...didn't work!

Good times going on here. Those kiddos push me and push me...what can we do next? Can we milk the goat? Is it time to feed the babies? What are we going to plant in the garden today? What can we do next? Can we milk the goat.... Whew - I'm tired!

We've planted yellow squash, zucchini, potatoes, bush beans, pole beans and tomatoes. Tomorrow is herb/flower day. Oh yea...sunflowers too.

We mowed the yard and taught the kiddos to ride the mower - mower blade off of course. They've helped with everything and are earning their keep. And, they are eating me out of house and home, lol!

DGS's 'very most favorite-ist' meal is broccoli cheese soup - which we had last night. DGD's 'very most favorite-est' meal is meatloaf - which we had tonight. I swear I made a four lb meatloaf and I doubt there's a pound of it left for lunch tomorrow. I think tomorrow night is....ugh...who knows but I'll make a lot of it.

Baby goats are growing like little weeds. Would love to have some more...and get all these upcoming birthings over with already! When they all get here I can start deciding who stays and who goes. I hate making those decisions...

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Meat loaf sounds good, but I don't know that I have any ground beef. I so miss having something other than the bike to drive. But, maybe I can pick up a lb. on the way home. It would fit in my back pack.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Another banner day! We didn't do as much as we did the first few days. In fact, DGD decided to have a lazy day and when I say she did - she did! She stayed on the couch allll day with the exception of the one time I asked her to get up and sweep the back porch. Took ten minutes for her to do what usually takes me a half hour.... and not because she's faster than me, lol!

DGS (a boy mini-me) and I planted a few herbs today. We got cilantro, sweet basil, opal basil, oregano and garlic chives planted in one of the raised beds. This kid is literally the other half of me! He's been such a help with everything. And, he's learned to check ligaments on the expectant does, he helps feed, tries to milk and can rake out the barn as fast as I can.

We also found out that goats love Brussels sprouts... who knew? For some weird unknown reason I try to grow them every year - and I end up getting one meal out of the whole batch of 'em... I swear NEVER again will I waste my time or space on them. Broccoli did great however!

It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so not much outside stuff planned. In that case, I've promised them a trip to the local kid fun space. They enjoy it so much for such a simple thing...and of course they figure that means another trip to their favorite Chinese buffet.... argh.

Let them stay up late tonight, but five minutes after they laid down they were O.U.T! I'm not far behind them...

Last edited:

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I know that feeling! I'll decide to stay up to read or watch something on TV. It doesn't take long B4 I'm out.