Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A real "crap" day, for sure. Sorry you've had one of those. At least you were there or you might have lost the doe, too. Sounds like a good adoption working for you! Kudos. Love those spots!!

I'm looking at 3 bagging well -- all FF, two young ones -- and of those one is off to self and whining this afternoon. Looks like Brat will kid tonight, AM at latest. At least we are having good weather this week!

Whish we were closer, I'd trade some Marans for Ameraucanas.:)

Is DH ok, having tests for vein blockages?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses - DH had a sonogram of his carotids on Monday and his heart surgeon says his carotids are OK! Woo hoo! However, we were under the impression that they were going to scan his legs also. There was a problem with scheduling so they're not going to do his legs until next week....and they decided to go ahead and do the abdominal aorta and the iliac's also. He'll have that done next Wednesday...so it's another case of "stay tuned." Ugh.

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Isn't love wonderful?:p

My doe did kid that night, about 7:30. Single doeling. YES-- 8 kids this yr and only girl!! She is a FF and NOT impressed with labor, at first wanted nothing to do with the wet thing next to her!! I checked often and let mother nature take over....she let her nurse, sniffed and finally decided it was "hers". Still not adept at motherhood BUT, checks on her, nurses well and all is going along ok. It's more of an "obligation" than "love". She just doesn't know what to do but, :rolleyes:basics are being handled very well. This doe was called "Brat" from beginning and it has been a good choice.:cool:

I'm glad carotids clear on DH. Hope all others are, too.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses - WooHoo! Congrats on the doe kid. Glad that Brat is at least doing her 'duty'.

I'm at 3 girls (even though I lost one) and 2 boys so far.

I get tickled at Sparkle because she HATES, HATES, HATES any kid other than her own. So, I just kinda enjoy watching her nurse her 'adopted' baby. I think she knows something's up though...she tolerates him and nurses him but her birth baby is the one she dotes over.

This morning however, she even let Spooky's doeling sneak a good meal from her. UNHEARD OF BEHAVIOR FROM HER! It only took me setting her real baby right beside her while the other baby nursed. Every time she turned around to sniff a butt she sniffed her own baby's butt so she stood patiently while the other baby nursed.

Spooky is being a class A witch.... I know she's sore... her body was prepared to nurse 4 little ones and the only little one that she willingly nurses is in no way gonna EVER use all that milk so she's getting pretty full. I've been relieving the pressure a little bit several times a day - but today I decided to go ahead and just milk her out. The pigs will enjoy their breakfast cereal complete with milk in the morning. :)

In other news:
DH came home from work today and told he almost had a 'panic' attack today in traffic. He said he felt claustrophobic and closed in and just wanted to jump out of his car and run naked down the highway! :th(wouldn't be a good idea, lol)

So, immediately I told him to check his blood sugar. (He gets a little crazy when his blood sugar is high.) He told me he didn't feel like his blood sugar was up - and he can USUALLY tell..... but true to form when I pushed him again to check he was 450! GRRRRRR! Low blood sugar makes him stoopid and high blood sugar makes him angry and impatient. I know his body better than he does. Poor fella, sometimes he just can't catch a break...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woo Hoo - grandkiddos are on the way! They are spending the week with me while my daughter and her husband are on a much needed vacay. Sure hope one of the does will decide to teach them about birthing while they are here - but if not - they can play with the baby goats we have now...and the piggies...and the chickies!

Think I'm going to go to a pawn shop and look for a used bicycle to keep here for them. My grandson is 9 and has never ridden a bicycle - how sad is that? Well, if I have anything to say about it he'll be riding like a champ before the week is over!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So, I've been informed I was wrong... He learned to ride a bike at a friends house about a week ago. He was so proud!

So, today we played in the mud, not exactly voluntarily either. DGS was in a puddle. DGD was told to stay out of that puddle because it was too deep for her boots. What was the first thing she did when I turned my back? You guessed it - AND - to add insult to injury she got a boot stuck, grabbed her brother and pulled HIM over in the mud. He was sooo upset - thought he would be in trouble because his boots were now full of muddy water and he was totally soaked with mud and poo water! It was almost funny.... almost! :lol:

Got his boots rinsed out and hung upside down on a couple t-posts and they dried in a couple hours. It was over 80 degrees today. Little darlings helped me clean the winter weeds out of some big tubs. We then transplanted a bunch of tomato plants. DH came out and helped clean up a few areas and burn some branches and yard debris while I mulched the garden area. Hopefully get some more stuff in the ground tomorrow.

Came inside for a few hours, had lunch, watched a movie and then went and did my very least chore EVER on the farm. I disbudded the 4 babies. UGH! I hate, hate, hate it. But, at least it's done.