government restrictions gone too far. watch this.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
yea I agree that some steps must always be taken to protect others but at some point someone always gets the short end of the stick.

I feel for the guy but he doesn't seem destitute to me at all.
owning 37 acres he has some means to correct the situation....but then again, living like that as he is, he could have some mental problems etc. that just aren't coming to light in this little article.

you just never know the full story at all???
That is correct. We are only seeing what the station decided to report. We are basing a lot of assumptions on that incomplete information.

It isn't just the government, it is also the media.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
A composting potty would fix the waste problem........

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
actually there could be a very easy fix to power and septic IF, and it is a big IF, it is the only problem....could be property tax troubles and more included we sure don't know about??

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
There is no money available to help this guy out 'cause it's all going to protect and support the illegal Mexicans in the area.

He has given up the fight and moved on. We don't know where he has gone and what will happen to his property. I have heard that it's for sale.

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, I just came back to see if there was an update on this poor guy. Geez. I understand about disposing of sewer waste properly, ground water pollution, all that, but it's too bad this guy was run off his own land. I'd love to know the whole story.

journey11

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What a shame. So I guess he is not going to continue to fight it then? Surely some compromises could have been made, like an outhouse or composting toilet. I don't know why on earth anyone should *have* to live with electricity, solar or otherwise if they didn't want to. It's not been all that long, less than 100 years, since most homes have had it anyways.

There's definitely got to be more to the story why they are so rabidly after him like that. You can tell his animals are well fed and cared for. I doubt that he's mentally ill. I think there would be more older men who would live like that if their wives would let them! :lol:

I hate to see him give up his land. I'd meet them at the door with the shotgun if it were me! Really hope we get to hear how this story played out.