Hi, I'm Tuco from Omaha Nebraska

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
My first bike was a Honda XR80.

Since you've never been to an Eagles game, maybe I shouldn't tell you that hubby and DD went to the Eagles' game last Sunday. Their seats were on the 45 yard line on the opposing side 16 seats up.

Tuco

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Sorry about bringing up bikes again.... o_O

haha! No problem! It's funny, I taught myself how to ride many years before I ever had a bike. My roommate had a Honda Rebel 250. I wanted to go pick up my girlfriend but had no ride, so I asked him if I could borrow his bike. He asked "you know how to ride, don't you?" I assured him I did (which of course wasn't true). He let me take it. I rode it around the corner in first gear...then taught myself how to work the controls...and off I went across town. And to top it off, I through my gf on the back and headed back home.

My first bike was a Honda XR80.
Since you've never been to an Eagles game, maybe I shouldn't tell you that hubby and DD went to the Eagles' game last Sunday. Their seats were on the 45 yard line on the opposing side 16 seats up.

Doh! They had great seats! Often, because I live in Nebraska, I don't get to see the games due to regional coverage instead (KC, St Louis, Minnesota, Denver). this game wasn't on TV for me. :( But, at least it was a win. I think tomorrows game is on TV. I hear they're wearing all black uniforms for this game.

Smart Red

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome, @Tuco! You can go a long way toward self-sufficiency with a vacant lot or large yard in the city. You don't need a lot of acreage to reap the rewards of gardening, canning, enriching your spot on the Earth. Stop by often and we'll chat about doing big things in small spaces.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I live smack dab in the middle of my small town. I have a garden in beds in the front yard and chickens in the back yard. It is amazing what I can grow to feed us all year around. I can, freeze or dehydrate the extra.

We just bought a place with 8 acres, I can't wait to dive in and start planting. I am very interested in the permaculture also and want all kinds of berries, fruit and nut trees. You can do a lot on a small city lot though, if you plant it right. This is a good site to learn a lot on. Also check out www.theeasygarden.com, sister site to this one.

Welcome to SS, lots of friendly people here!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :frow One of our members, @Amiga has a keen interest in permaculture and recently completed a course on it, I think you will enjoy chatting with her. Back to bikes (sorry ;)) I had 5 so far, a scooter, a Kawasaki KH125, then 2 Yamahas, a '65 model Twin that got chopped and an XJ, both 650, followed years later by another scooter. Since I became a mom I swapped 2 wheels for 4, but I do miss the rides...
You say you're a musician? What instrument(s) do you play? I love rock music, especially the guitar part and have had a lifelong dream of learning to play guitar properly. One day, when I have time, I'll take lessons. I'm too impatient to teach myself LOL

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hello and welcome Tuco! (hope you don't mind if I picture you as a big lovable Rottweiller- my friend's dog is named Tuco)
Sounds like you will have lots of interesting stories to tell us! I look forward to reading your adventures in urban homesteading!

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hello and :welcome from sunny and hot Arizona!
There's quite a bit that can be done even with a small lot to be self sufficient. I recently got my first home and plan on turning the entire front yard into raised beds and have some chickens in the back. There's lots of fascinating things to learn here!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Tuco, yeah they're all planning on wearing black for today's game. Hubby's going tailgating, and wants to borrow my black, western hat. Don't know if I want him to take it or not.