How to get rid of a headache?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Hubby has the worst persistent headache. He has been dealing with it for about 5 days.

The only thing that helps is a hit of MJ before bed, which is not really what either on of us want to have around.... Just happens that his brother has some so he tried it and voil, no more headache, till morning that is.

I am sure it is partly stress, but I really need to help him find some relief. I searched thru some older posts and read about feverfew, which I will try to find today, gently squeezing the web of his hand, gelsemium ( it is a back of the head pain) and magnesium (not sure how to use this one...advice?).

Our diet is a little wonky right now but not really too bad, eating more bread than usual maybe a contributing factor, more wine (white) than usual for sure, not enough water ( working on all that). Taking multi vit, D and fish oil daily and staying away from veg oils. Some processed foods, mostly condiment type things, but not much.

Any other ideas on how to help him shake this?

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Sex has always been a great stress reliever for me. :D
It is all natural, doesn't cost anything, and you can't overdose on it.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Well funny that you should mention that..... Let's just say that there was a little action that increased the head pain to the point of waving a white flag, it was a no go.......and something that no man says no to :th

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Sounds like a migraine of sorts.

Feverfew tea?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I am going to try to find some today and see if that helps.

Any other suggestions?

buckeye lady

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Do a search using key word- sex headache. Consider making an appt with his Primary care Physician. This can be a very serious condition. Have you checked his blood pressure?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
We realized last night that he should check his BP. His brother has a cuff and we'll check it today.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I looked up sex headache and am pretty convinced it is a blood pressure thing. Gotta check his pressure today!

If it is high, what can I do to bring it down? He was bordeine prehypertension several months ago, but with a clean diet it came down. If he is creeping back up, how can I bring it back down?

Not that I am taking this lightly but if it is not high I am not rushing him of to get meds, if it is just creeping I would rather deal with it naturally. At the time of the sex headache, he was already suffering from a head ache and we had been hiking in the heat so his heart rate was already up, which were likely contributing factors.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Dace said:
Well funny that you should mention that..... Let's just say that there was a little action that increased the head pain to the point of waving a white flag, it was a no go.......and something that no man says no to :th
If he said no to what I THINK he said no to, he better get his butt into the Dr's office. He is one sick puppy. Part of this post I am joking around, but NOT the part about seeing his Dr.