hqueen's collection of Far From the Usual stuff.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey there, good to see you back! Hope you can figure out how to put a couple extra hours in every day. (and when you do - please share the secret) ;)

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I think it will, Britsea, its just a matter of figuring out what to do and how to make it work. Its not a bad thing, its just another transition.
LOL, FEM, yeah, I wish!! Whoever figures it out first is gonna be a millionaire!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm so glad to see you! I tried to find a way to e-mail you to see if you were OK, but had no luck. Sounds like you've been busier than a one armed paper hanger w/fleas!

hqueen13

Reaction score
LOL, that's the long and short of it, Deb. Thanks for trying to hunt me down! I'm still here, just buried under mountains of stuff, and in the midst of things shifting around yet again. 2015 has been such a hard hard year for so many people. When I look at other's struggles I realize that mine aren't so bad, but that doesn't make them any easier to live through. Glad to see you're still hanging in there, too!

hqueen13

Reaction score
No, they don't last forever for sure. But in the midst it can seem like it!
In the middle of a transition period is always uncomfortable. I'm looking forward to getting a little more organized and ready to go with things.
There may be an opportunity to increase my hours in the office for a little while which would help tremendously. We'll see if that pans out. It would be really helpful, and after September I won't have the farm schedule to worry about so it will be whatever office hours they want me to work. I could really use the boost to pay off some bills!

hqueen13

Reaction score
Yes, it is, and I can't ever seem to do it fast enough. I always feel like I'm one step behind, and we still need to buy the 4 tons of pellets to hold us through this winter. I'm still paying off the last balance transfer I did for last year's pellets! (of course I should note that it was a zero interest transfer, so I won't be paying it off any faster than absolutely necessary, there's no point when you're not paying interest!)
The weekend wasn't as productive as I'd have liked, but we did ok. I did about 5 loads of laundry catching up from everything that was used while my parents were in town. Its all done and folded, which is good. But chore wise, that's about the only thing that I got done. The house desperately needs to be vacuumed, and in general picked up. There's junk everywhere again. We just can't seem to keep it uncluttered.
I did go to a horse show to vend the essential oils that I'm selling, and we spoke with 2 people, so I guess it was a good day. We didn't stay that long so it wasn't a huge time investment, thankfully.
The BF and I had some heart to heart conversations on what we both need to do to make our lives better. We have been working against each other for a while now, and it isn't a good thing. So we're both a little clearer about things we can do to improve for each other. Now doing them will be the challenge.
We ended up taking naps both Saturday and Sunday. I was feeling a little down and drained, so I guess it was needed. But it was frustrating because I had so much I could have been doing rather than sleeping. I am hoping that it isn't a bit of depression that I'm going through, because I nap a lot when I'm depressed. I guess we'll see if I can find some better motivation soon. I've been taking some supplements so hopefully they are helping, too.
This week is scheduled to be fairly "normal" whatever that is.... I have a feeling that it isn't going to play out that way, but we'll see.
We found out the kittens have ring worm now, so now we are dealing with that, and hoping like crazy that the rest of the house doesn't end up with it. They have shampoo, and lotramin ointment, and we are picking up the medication this afternoon to feed through to try to get a handle on it. Poor orange kitty (they still don't have names yet...) has a bald head now, and looks like a grimlin. Gray kitty has it, but not as bad. She's also bigger than he is and ended up being healthier than he has been, so I think that might have something to do with it. So now they have to have a bath every other day, and ointment, and oral meds. Yay for more work than I have time for...
I also realized that the BF didn't tell me that we were almost out of the alfalfa pellets for the horses, so now I'll need to stop at the mill for the 3rd time in 3 days to take care of that. Its 10 miles each way to the mill, and I don't really want to go there any more often than I absolutely have to! I've been there too many times in the last few days, this is not a good thing! We also failed to notice that we were almost out of mayo, so now I need to stop and get more mayo on the way home so I can make chicken salad out of the chicken that I cooked last week. I have to stop by and visit a gal who needs me to swing by and let her dogs out this week, which will be nice and easy, and a little extra cash. I also must get a little scoop for the cats so we can actually take care of the litter box!
This morning I started feeding everybody in the house, and discovered that the cats can get up and over the top of the rubbermaid box that they are currently living in. That is likely because we also forgot to give them a 3rd feeding last night before bed and so they were extra hungry and excited this morning, and jumped right up to the top of the box and I had to rudely dump them both back in a couple times before I could get them distracted with food again. So they're locked in the bathroom for the day, just in case they get frisky and decide to jump for it...
So I just got a note from the BF, he did give them a 3rd feeding last night, so they were just unusually feisty this morning. I guess they are reaching that age where its going to happen!
So this afternoon, after work, I need to:
Pickup Cat meds (before 6pm)
Pickup Alfalfa Pellets (before 6pm)
Get Mayo
Visit dogs for a new dog sitting job
Wash kittens
Cook dinner
I guess my work is cut out for me. Hopefully the BF will be able to help me out with a few of these things. We might have to divide and conquer if we're going to get the two 6pm deadlines met.

hqueen13

Reaction score
I managed to get all of that done on Monday, which was good. The hard part is that the rest of the week hasn't gone quite as smooth.
I found out late Monday night that I wouldn't be working on the farm on Wednesdays anymore. So now my hours are cut in half, and will probably be cut off all together at the end of the month. It did give me a whole day extra to work on getting things accomplished in the house and barn, which was great.
What wasn't great was that I found out late in the day that my riding instructor is going to be here THIS weekend instead of next weekend like I originally thought. That totally screws up my schedule completely. AND I had planned to work the horses on Friday and both days this weekend, anticipating our lessons next weekend, and now I am screwed because I can't get the work time in before she's here. I might have time to work them early Friday morning, but even that is questionable because I might have to switch some other things around in my schedule. I'm really really frustrated right now with this, and I wish things would settle down soon. I'm not going to hold my breath though.
I just want to go :hide for a while.