hqueen's collection of Far From the Usual stuff.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Yes, CTZ, its is often leaning towards the so busy I wanna puke...
I'm trying to remember to breathe, thanks for the reminder, I need to hear it often!
I was exhausted last night. I managed to make dinner, the BF helped, which was good, but then I fell into bed at 8:30 and passed out. I didn't NEED to get up until about 6:15 this morning because I didn't HAVE to be in the office until about 8:30... but I woke up early anyway, and decided it was just better to go ahead and get everything done, that way I can leave after my PT appointment and I won't have to go back into the office and work more. Hopefully I'll get home a little bit earlier than I have been and I can get the chores done and then get started on cleaning up the house a little plus dinner. I also desperately need to get a batch of salsa put together. I have all the ingredients, just sitting, waiting, rotting... I really really hope I have the energy when I get home.
Good news is that this morning I was feeding at the first place and got a text from the daughter of the owner of the other farm, the one with more chores. She was up and awake early (that's why I'm feeding in the morning, she can't get up that early), so she offered to feed for me. I was already on the way so it didn't make a difference, and I thought I'd like to meet her since she and I were working tag team to get the feedings done. So I headed over there and we worked together to get everything taken care of and she helped show me how to care for the scrape on the one horses leg, so it was a good thing. I was glad to get a chance to chat and talk through the process since we are each half of a team. She's got to work this weekend so I'll have to feed twice a day there, which sucks, but it is what it is. Its money so I'll not complain about that.
Tomorrow morning I'm hoping I still wake up a little early so I can get some cleaning done in the house, then I need to go do the feeding rounds, then go to yoga. I'll come back home, probably eat lunch (yoga makes me hungry!) and get started on the afternoon list. I need to clean the house, all of it, there are major cobwebs all over the place! I also need to clean the chinchilla cage (gross, poor thing! I'm a bad chinny mom, its way overdue!), finish the 3 valences that I have left (that won't be too difficult once I get one done, then the other two will go quickly), and work on the tomato sauce that I still have sitting in the crock pot waiting to finish cooking down. I'm just praying that I can actually get to all of this because its a lot! The BF can help with the cleaning, but he can't really help with the valences, and he can help with the sauce, but he can't do it by himself. So those things are completely on me. The other option is dump the sauce into bags and freeze it. But there is hardly any room in the freezer, so that is risky too.
Tomorrow evening JS gets there, and so I'll be tied up with her until Monday, on top of all the feedings that I need to do.
And right now I'm sitting in the office because I need the money and so here I am...

hqueen13

Reaction score
You're one to talk :p
Yup, I'm trying. Hanging on is all I can do at the moment...

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I hear ya on having the stuff sitting there and rotting. I haven't had time yet to do anything w/tomatoes.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Well, the weekend with JS went well, it was just SUPER busy, but what else is new?! She'll be back again in about 6 weeks for the last time before winter, so that will be good.
I busted butt in the office on Tuesday, and then yesterday finally had a catch up and breathe day. It doesn't feel like I got much done, but I did work with Othello, and managed to get a batch of salsa made. Chopping everything took forever! I tried using my new mandolin on the onions, but that didn't really work as well as I hoped. It was more efficient for me to just do them by hand than try to dice them that way. I guess I'll try it on something else and see if it works better on a different kind of veggie. I did manage to get 12 jelly jars and 1 pint out of the batch, so that was good. The BF really likes it so that made me happy. Its got quite a bit of kick, even from the pepperochinis. I think I will probably have enough of them left to do one more batch pickled, though now I have to convince the BF to open one of the first batches to taste them before I do any more... He is afraid they're going to be too hot! I don't really want to eat them, so its all up to him, but I don't really want to spend the time processing more if he's not going to eat them. The kitchen is still a wreck, I didn't clean it up after the salsa yesterday, and we ended up going out to eat for dinner because we had to go to the grocery store too. It hasn't been such a great week for cooking. Some weeks are like that I guess. I also forgot to plan this morning when I headed out, so I don't know what we'll do for dinner either.
I'm babysitting the office today while they dismantle a audio testing booth, and then have to go with them when they install it in a new location. The new location is just a shell so I think I have to sit there bored while they work. I don't even have a chair to sit in! I brought some books and some of my class stuff for my animal communication work, so I should be able to sit there and do that while they work. I might end up with a few extra hours, which would help!
Tomorrow, I'll take care of farm chores at the other 2 barns, then go to yoga, then come home and get my chores done and eat lunch. I'll probably hang out with a friend of mine for a little while and make sure she knows how to take care of the dogs and cats and chinchilla while we're away in a few weeks, and hopefully get a little more cleaning done.
We got a wild hair and decided to start looking at properties, I have no idea what will come of this, but O's owner, LH is trying to find something to buy, so we are thinking of maybe going in with her. I guess we have to figure out how much we can afford before we get too far along, but I doubt its going to be much.
Anybody got any ideas on how to get rid of yellow jackets in a barn wall? We can't get rid of the buggars!! Finally the landlord sprayed them good and then put spray foam in all the holes he could find. But they are still there. This morning I was setting up feed before I left, and had the light on over the feed bins, and they swarmed the light! What the heck! I managed to just get the feed organized before there were too many of them to stay there. I had to leave the light on because I couldn't get to the cord to turn it off. We tried wine in a bottle with soap and none of them have touched it. I wonder if the wine we bought was too cheap!? Is that possible?! I just want them gone before we go away because KE is afraid of them, and the two stalls that are across from where the nest is are at risk. I worry some random bee is going to sting the horse and the horse is going to bolt and somebody is going to get hurt. I told the landlord that, so we'll see if he is able to get rid of them soon enough.
That's about all the news from this neck of the woods. I'm loving the weather, and stuck in an office today!

hqueen13

Reaction score
Thanksfully I did not have to babysit them putting the sound booth into the new location! That would have been terrible! There were 4 guys all doing various things already there working when we arrive, with the sound booth crew having an additional 4 more guys. There would have been nowhere to sit (especially that was clean) and so I would have had to figure something out. So I grabbed lunch at Chikfila and then headed back up the my office. I managed to get a couple more things done, which was good, and now I'm headed out again to drop a computer off for recycling and then home to get horse chores done. Never a dull moment!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
For your yellow jackets, when they're that severe, your best bet is to call a professional. I would not be able to even go in the barn if I had that situation. I'm allergic. People have died w/that kind of bee problem.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
i would give those yellow jackets the barn. they scare the puddin' out of me. i guess you could wait till the dark of night and burn the barn down. ok maybe that's not an option but i agree with deb, it may be time to call a professional before someone or something gets hurt. DS#1 had a huge red wasp nest inside the eves of her house and she waited until after dark to attack them so they would all be on the nest and she could soak the nest or what she could see of it anyway with the spray. good luck kiddo, and be careful

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Agreeing with above! Hornets can sting then keep on stinging, while bees have one sting and done!