hqueen's collection of Far From the Usual stuff.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Not that bad actually, thankfully! I'm attributing that to the stuff I put on right away. Its a little bruised, but no pain thank goodness! That is good since I worked in the other barn today.
I did the other barn by myself today but it was easy since nobody was in overnight. The other girl that should have helped was with her horse at New Bolton due to colicing. My good friend N and I caught up for a while which was nice. I had given her only half of the feed she bought from me, so when I was done I checked with the bf who was playing on the tractor grading the driveway for them and he was still working so N took me home and I have her the feed I owed her and we chatted and loved on the horses some.
When the bf finally got home we headed out to deliver the nets we owed to the first two feeders We delivered and got them set up. I think my nets are way too big. I ordered the mathematical amount to cover up the side across and then down, in a full square (so a 4x4 feeder gets a 12x12 net). I think I can cut back by a fair amount which saves me a bit of money! And that means a little more profit!
We were starving by this time so it was pizza for dinner. We drive around the countryside waiting for the pizza to be ready which was fun.
We got home and remembered that Kahlua needed dinner. Oops. I fixed her dinner and put her in her stall. I found out today that now She and spirit are now love birds and so he paces the fence and she paces the stall and they call to each other. She didn't even eat some I added more oil to get dinner which we didn't realize at first that she was used to 4 squirts of the oil and I was only putting in one. She's just going to have to get used to eating when she is in and that is that.
I turned her out and have them more hay and the bf was able to get the new wheel on the wheelbarrow. Yay! I now have a working wheelbarrow again. I can actually go dump the poop since there was no way I was going to push a wheelbarrow with a flat tire through the snow and ice!
Now I'm about ready to crash already...

hqueen13

Reaction score
I slept pretty good except for waking up feeling crampy. Blech. It sucks the most because I know moving around helps but I don't really want to.
Got the horses taken care of. Kahlua is still not eating but I figured out that the key to keeping spirit from calling is to give him some hay. Then he's calm in the paddock and she can see him being calm.
I even tried putting her feed on the floor in front of her while I scrubbed her legs. No good.
She'll eat when she gets hungry enough I guess. They finally are the hay that was I'm the hay bag that I hung so I put out two bags today along with a few flakes on the ground. I am going to try to get her to the point where I only have it in bags on the fence to avoid wasting so much and keep them busy longer.
It's really windy today and much colder. Not real thrilled about that.
I'm waiting on the sheets to do nothing and then I'll hang them. I need to run a few errands and then I want to get things cleaned up some. Our friends reds and his gf are stopping by for drinks tonight. I need to get this place a bit more cleaned up before they get here....

hqueen13

Reaction score
Well I petered out yesterday and didn't really get much more done. But that is what happens when I feel icky.
Today BH texted and asked if I could help out in the barn because her horse has some kind of an odd problem and she needs to have the very out. I headed down and helped her get things done faster so she would have more time this afternoon. Its just a few more hours that I'll get paid. I can use all I can get right now since I've got to pay my credit card and we had to buy the pellets.
I was going to stay at the ex's for a bit and work online but it was later than I thought and the farrier was supposed to be here at 2:30, and I still needed to do by the bank. As I got home I got a text from him that said he'd be here at 3:30. So that's some extra time to relax.
It was supposed to only have scattered snow showers this morning. It's been showing since about 9 this morning. We have less than an inch still but it's here. I'm so ready for spring.
I have no idea what I'm doing for dinner even though I know I have a list of choices.
Feeling a bit blah and out of sorts today. I was planning on spending most of the day doing nothing but oh well.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
We had a covering, then it warmed up enough that it melted. But, it snowed off and on most of the day.

hqueen13

Reaction score
About the same here too Deb. And I woke up this morning to more white. Whee...
The border that I have is driving me nuts! It's a good thing I'm good at customer service because she won't leave me alone! I don't think I've gone one day without hearing from her somehow. And half the time it is fretting about things we already talked about. She doesn't trust me yet, which I understand but at this point I just want to be left alone to do my job which is care for her house. I'll be I'm touch if I need to if something changes or I need to know something. Good grief. I just need to vent about it because it's driving me crazy. Despite the horse not eating the owner is more trouble! I suppose that is the way it always is...
Need to go Take care of the horses for the morning and then come back in the house and see if I can get anything done. T will be over later so we can cook again. We are doing meatloaf today.
Need to call my mom later and I think my birthday package is supposed to arrive today from her.
I guess I'd better get moving.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That would drive me nuts as well.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Kahlua is eating some now. I added finely grated carrots to her bowl and that seems to be helping. She hasn't finished the bowl yet but she isn't leaving much either. DC called me again last night asking me a million questions about where Kahlua was when it was snowing and on and on and on. When she first got here she got upset because I want putting her out enough and putting her with a buddy. Now she's upset because she is out and there isn't a shelter, which she full well knew was my concern with putting her out in the first place. I swear the owners are more difficult than the horses. I'm not happy about this at all! I wrote her a rather detailed email and told her I would call her. I've tried three times more and she must not be home yet which is frustrating me because I don't want to talk to her late at night. That is the only time the bf and I have together each day and we value it a lot.
So now it's an hour and a half later. Lol
I did talk to her and it was mostly a good conversation. I don't know if I got it through to get that she just needs to trust me but we'll see. Again, it was another 30 minute conversation.
Today's work was good. I was busy and will probably be really busy for quite some time. I had several meetings and phone calls with a couple people today and things are going to start rolling pretty fast. I had to check with our office management system guy to ask a few questions, one of which was to find out about the new billing forms that are going to take effect April 1. Come to find out we are going to have to get the upgrade to our program asap. I'm happy because there are some really great things about the upgrade that I'm looking forward to. It's going to be a pita to get through the transition in the learning curve which is the hardest part. I hope it turns out easier but we'll see.
At this point is time to crash.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Well She didn't eat breakfast because she wanted to go out. Crazy horse. We'll see if she eats her dinner since that will be back to the usual routine a bit. She's going to have the routine wrecked again this weekend when it rains again. This weather is driving me nuts!
Trying to do research to get insurance to cover the boarding and doing that without actual internet is almost impossible. I guess I'm going to have to spend some time down at the ex's house this week because I've got to get this finalized. First quote came in much higher than what they originally said when I talked to them on the phone, over $1100.00. I don't exactly have that kind of money, even broken down into payments. Ugh. For another quote from a different company that was only $500. Now I have to fill out the actual form to see what it will really be. I'm afraid it'll end up higher again. I guess we'll see.
I need to make chicken salad for this weekend so I have something to eat.
The fun never ends.

Latest posts