hqueen's collection of Far From the Usual stuff.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I keep hoping it stays off the coast and we get nothing! As it is, I'll probably be getting my next load of wood on Monday instead of either Wednesday or Thursday like I had planned.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I don't blame you. I hope it goes off the coast too. I'm so ready for warm weather to get here for good!
Had a super busy weekend! Saturday we took care of animals and then ran errands and then finished cleaning out the shed. I had a lady that wanted some manure, and offered us a snow blower that needed a little work in exchange. I was glad to take that deal! I was so tired by the time we finished the shed but so glad that we got it done. Now I just have to keep up with it.
I soaked in the tub trying to relieve some of the muscle aches and then we got ready to head out to a friends house that is moving. We had a good time but still had to take care of my other friends animals since she was out of town. It was a long drive back to our side of the country and we hustled with the chores before heading out to shoot pool for a while with my ex and his girlfriend. That was fun but it was a long evening.
Morning came too fast. I headed to my friend's place again and then down to the old barn to do morning chores. I was relieved to find that BH was there and had already taken care of the board horses, so we went together to do the lesson horses so that I would know the drill so they would cooperate easily. It still took me 4 hours to get chores done, and I was so pooped by the time I finished. I got home and found that the bf was done working on his jeep so we grabbed a bite to eat before heading over to Ss farm to grab his truck to work on it. I thought he would have work for me but he had managed to get things done. He'll need my help on Wednesday again so that is good.
The bf worked on the truck while I talked to my dad for a while. He came back in after a while and was asked that what he did didn't fix the issue. He did more research online and found that it could be the whole wiring harness not just the sensor he replaced. We checked with Ds husband, BP and he said he can do it, so that was a good thing.
We need to run a few more errands tonight, and find some dinner along the way, I'm too exhausted to think of cooking. I'm waiting on a phone call from an animal communicator about taking classes with her so hopefully she will call me son because I'd rather not be driving or riding really when she calls.
I had a great talk with her, I think I will be taking a class once I sit down and go through the finances again to be sure there is room in the business, especially since my little problem mare will be leaving and I'll be replacing the full care board with self care instead. AS wants the stall so that is a good thing!
We headed out to run errands after I got off the phone and ended up too late to get the stuff we needed at joanns. We'll have to go today I guess.
Not sure what I will get done today but hopefully I can be productive.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm tired just reading all of that!

And I hear ya on the self care. RU's already decided that any new boarders she gets will be self care. She's tired of dealing w/it all. It will make her life so much easier.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Easier and cheaper, Deb! The only thing I really have to worry about is providing saw dust and hat for the stalls as well as hay for the pasture in winter. There are some improvements that I want to make but I think there will be plenty of money for that over time. That keeps my time free to be able to earn money other ways and move forward with things I want to do. Its a win win situation!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow - you did more in the weekend than I've done in a week lately! Hope things slow down a bit or at least get easier for you.

hqueen13

Reaction score
FEM, I'm glad we got so much done, but I sure was tired lol
I feel better today. We got a call from the bank about the loan we applied for on Saturday to consolidate our credit card debt and we were approved! It doesn't even matter if the interest rate is at the max for the bank, its a LOT lower than the credit cards! Plus the monthly payment will be manageable and we should be able to pay more on it than we owe for the payment do we should be able to pay it off faster anyway. I'm thrilled as this really eases the burden that much more, builds our credit with something other than credit cards and frees up the credit on the cards again which will raise the score more!
:weee
I'm very happy to have this moving forward! Next step get a truck! First we'll have to address a few things but hopefully we can get caught up on a few things soon.
I have managed to make a few needed phone calls today, researched some things and started on the next baby sweater I'm making. The second load of laundry is in the dryer to be hung when it's finished bouncing. I'm trying to be productive again.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Yes!
Well it's been snowing most of the day, it started in the late morning seriously and is coming down pretty steady. It is sticking to the grass and trees but not really the pavement. I'm wondering how long its going to take the bf to get home tonight.
I spent entirely too long talking to my mom this afternoon. It was good conversation and we don't talk often do I guess it's ok. I did manage to get the bed made and the clothes folded and my nails filed. I also got a fair bit done on my second baby sweater. I'll just about ready to split off the sleeves and start on the body which will go fast.
After I got off the phone I managed to get my Christmas snowflake dishes put away since they were all clean from the dish washer running. Maybe now it will stop snowing. :rolleyes:
Just got back in the house from feeding Kahlua. I never really are lunch because there isn't really anything for lunch to eat so I'm starving. Dinner is going to be a lazy night of pigs in a blanket and tater tots. I do have to fix it but still...
Oh, when I ran the dish washer earlier I was able to get the fridge cleaned out and emptied several containers from the freezer and moved the frozen stuff into bags so I can use the containers again. That was helpful, and long overdue.
I suppose I could take down the snowflake lights and garland above the bar too since winter needs to be over... not sure where or how I'll store that but at least it can come down.
Guess I might as well be a little more productive before the bf gets home.​

Denim Deb

Reaction score
So that's why it keeps snowing! It's all your fault! :plbb

Latest posts