hqueen's collection of Far From the Usual stuff.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Things went well with the accountant, and we're going to hire her. She helped me find things that we hadn't included on the spreadsheet, and so I was able to deduct a lot more, including $1000.00 in mileage from the 6 months that we'd been running the business. Whew! That's a lot! I went to send the spreadsheet to her and I had to fix one more thing before I did, and when I did I found that a bunch of formulas hadn't been entered correctly, and so the totals weren't even correct. When I fixed the formulas it turns out we were $58.00 in the hole for last year! That is good news for the rest of the taxes that we owe. I just pray it really pulls down the total by a LOT because we don't have money to pay taxes! We don't have any money in the first place! LOL
I've spent a lot of time on the farm lately, which is a challenge for me because I have to figure out how to restructure my time to get other things done. The power is still cheapest in the middle of of the day, which is throwing me off since I'm now not home in the middle of the day. That won't change until Memorial day when the power will be cheap in the morning and evening again, which makes it easier for me to get laundry and things like that done before I head out to work.
I'm so sore from the farm, yesterday we spent getting wood from another site, and S and another gal that helps him and I spent collecting and hauling it back in the pickup. He ran the chain saw while she and I tossed it into the truck. Once all the small stuff was in the truck she and I ran the splitter together, which was a tricky thing. That made me nervous because I can see how easy it would be to get hurt badly with it. Thankfully she had been around a splitter before, so she knew at least how it worked and was better at handling it than I was since I had zero experience working with one.
The fourth horse arrived at the barn yesterday, and so now I'm just waiting on the other two, which will arrive on the 19th. Then I'll be full! I'm very happy that things are coming together, and its working out for the best for me so that I don't have to struggle as much to keep things covered. I keep realizing things that relate to the business that really should be filed under business expenses. I had not thought about all of this from that perspective before!
Its S L O W L Y warming up here. Its better than it was, but still not quite as warm as I'd like it. Of course, with the temps will come the pollen, so I'm not sure how badly I want it warm!
Things are still moving at a crazy fast pace. I'm headed to the Mother Earth News Fair tomorrow with S, and I have a lot to do before I can leave tomorrow morning! At least we aren't leaving until later in the morning, so that helps, but still... Anybody going?? I can't wait to be there!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
A good accountant is always a blessing.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Packing like a mad woman before we had south! :weee I'll update when I get back!

hqueen13

Reaction score
It was great! Perfect weather and I learned so much and I feel reenergized to get some things done! I got to learn about herbs and remedies and fermentation and all kinds of fun stuff. Now I'm ready to get started with some of this stuff!
Now we're scoping it the PA fair to see if we might want to go since it is so much closer.
The bf was so good to me while I was gone and cleaned almost the whole house. Such a nice thing to come home to! Now I don't have to do all that first and I can get some of the spring cleaning chores done instead.
My plan for the day was going to be getting mats out in the stalls. The weather is gross though and I'm feeling very unmotivated to do so. We'll see what I can get done. I'll be in the farm planting after today so I won't have time later this week.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Yup!
Just finished some catnip tea, yay good for me! It's now pouring sideways and AJ is going to be here in 40 minutes to help feed and I'm glad! Then it's running a few errands and then back to get those mats in.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sounds like you had a great time! Wish they, or BHM, had those things around here. I'd love to go and check it out!